• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Uncle caught burglary suspect

MercerAsian

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
3   0
Reaction score
Yesterday, at 2:30 AM on August 5th, my uncle managed to chase down a car burglar who was a suspect in a number of burglaries around the west Baton Rouge area.

Here is the Facebook post my aunt made later that afternoon about the incident.
On behalf of my aunt, please excuse the grammar errors but I'm sure you can get the gist of what she is trying to say.
My husband has always told me that he would protect me and his family at all cost. Last night he proved that. At 2:30 a.m. This morning my husband screams at me to call 911, he told me whatever I do, do not come outside no matter what, all this as he is grabbing his gun to run out. I called 911 not knowing what was happening and in a panic, I was watching the video monitor but couldn't see much and heard was screams which made me more panicked, the screaming stopped and a man wearing only shorts was banging on my door, I told the 911 operator I had to go because I thought something happened to my husband. The operator told me do not go to the door and do nit hang up, which my husband told me before he went out. I finally saw cop cars everywhere and my husband finally came in to calm me. Someone was breaking into his truck and another neighbor on another street came to my house which he said someone just tried to break in his car . I later found out the guy took off down the street and my husband chased him and a gun point apprehended him until the cops were there. Come to find out he was part of a group that had been caught on surveillance cameras in different subdivisions including ours. The cop told my husband they have been looking for this guy and for the rest of his group that has victimized many people and property. My husband turn over the surveillance video to the cops and he told the cops that his mother in law lived two streets over and that he would protect his family at all cost. I thank God my husband was OK and by his quick action he suspects was arrested and the cops found some of the others involved in this criminal activity. I am so proud and so grateful that my husband would protect me and our family at all cost.

My family and I are very proud of him and his quick actions in the name of protecting his family. This group has apparently been actively burglarizing multiple vehicles during the past few days and by apprehending this one burglar, the police were able to use the burglar's phone to find other members of the crime group and arrest them.

Here is the news article/video from the local news station in Baton Rouge.

http://www.wafb.com/story/23048111/deputies-catch-car-burglary-suspect-after-extensive-search

I did notice that they didn't mention that the homeowner (my uncle) chased the guy down and held him at gun point until the police got there to arrest the burglar. I guess since it is a CBS station, a positive story involving a gun owner can't be fully disclosed like it should be.

EDIT: Here's a better news article/video that includes an interview with my uncle.

http://www.wbrz.com/videos/man-told-accused-burglar-not-to-make-it-worse-/

Last edited:
Haha, thanks man. He'll appreciate that. I'm just glad my uncle is safe and helped get all those stolen guns off the streets and hopefully back to their owners.
I will say, there is no way in hell I'd go running out of my house in the dark chasing a perp but I'm glad he did and REALLY glad it turned out the way it did. He just seems like a good guy. Plus I love his accent. Unless my ears deceive me I don't believe I've ever heard a 'Cajun/Asian' accent before. I bet dinner at their house is AWESOME! :cool:

Last edited:
I will say, there is no way in hell I'd go running out of my house in the dark chasing a perp but I'm glad he did and REALLY glad it turned out the way it did. He just seems like a good guy. Plus I love his accent. Unless my ears deceive me I don't believe I've ever heard a 'Cajun/Asian' accent before. I better dinner at their house is AWESOME! :cool:

He ran out the house in the dark with a gun AND BAREFOOT! He's been involved in much worse which is why I don't think he hesitated when he saw someone trying to break in and that's why he decided to chase the guy down. He's lived in Louisiana since he came to the states in his early teens so that might be the reason for the accent :p. And you're right, the fried rice is the bomb and the crawfish boils would make you die happy ;)

Back
Top Bottom