Unfortunate Alpha-gal Diagnosed, Seeking Venison Sources or Land to Hunt

You need to get a second opinion and do some reading on your own.
From the reading I’ve done online, I completely agree. Everything online is saying no mammals at all, not even squirrels. There is a huge part of me that is hoping my doctor is right and venison is safe; because I really don’t want to go full fish and fowl, but I hear you, and will take all appropriate precautions.

iu

The disease is caused by developing an antigen to red meat (specifically a sugar in red meat: Galactose-α-1,3-galactose). Deer/venison is the culprit. Eating venison will **** you up just as bad as a beef steak. The OP's doctor has no clue and is dispensing potentially deadly medical advice to his patients by recommending they substitute venison for beef. It's like recommending poison sumac instead of poison ivy. :pound:
Man, I hear that. I was just hopeful based on her word. After all the research I’ve done online, I think you are probably right. Just super disappointing

You are a king among gentlemen! When I lived in Virginia years ago, dear was just standard dinner meat, I can hunt, field dress, process, and hold my own, just don’t have any reliable land down here, I’ve got a full size freezer in the garage ready to fill, and am willing to pay any non insane per pound prices. I am 100% not looking for handouts, and can throw in muscle or cash where needed.

we will get together!

All mammal meat can make you sick or worse with Alfagal. I think I about died every day I ate anything but chicken. I was getting real sick at work too a couple hours after lunch.
My reactions have been few and far between over the last year, but when it happens, I’m down for the count. Hives, throat swelling up, two seconds from calling 911 kind of deal

I get that way from fish.
Was just tuna fish that would bother me as a kid but one day I was at long john silvers
Eating a fish sammich and got a really bad reaction.
Still not able to eat it but every now and then I’ll eat a very small portion of a salmon steak bjt Ill
Pre medicate so it doesent hit me too bad.
Still haven’t messed with it full bore and it has been about five years since I tested the theory.

I can’t even step for in a seafood restaurant with my chest feeling like there’s a ratchet strap tightening across it and my gums feel the same.
For the past few months, I have not been able to eat fresh broiled fish, yet I can eat canned fish all day long. Must be some protein denaturing in the canning process.

Back
Top Bottom