Unions....Great for the little guy OR GTFO your corrupt and ruining everything

What do you think of the Unions?

• Total voters
I agree with not liking unions but you can soley blame them for the trillions of debt this currupt government has taken on especially just recently with the bailouts making all the "TO BIG TO FAILS" debt go from privet debt to public debt. let the free market work is what i say

We can surely blame them for the troubles of the big 3, and numerous other firms. Making private debts public is also an invention of the liberals. The fed (a "progressive" invention) has been making certain of that since its beginning.

Yes I agree akguy I didn't want to go to far into detail. Im a big time constitutionalist and didnt really care to have people tell me to take off my tin foil hat. Even though that's for aliens and not for a group of crooks robbing our freedoms liberties and rights and looting our financial system. our crooked union backed government lives like royalty while we starve an loose our jobs homes and families

I can see both sides because I have been on both sides. I feel like a few others here who have stated that unions were once very beneficial to all workers and we still reap some of the benefits from the change they brought about. However I think today they harm the economy overall about as much as they help. JMO

what gets me was when i saw a video of guys standing on a Assembly line watching a robot install a dash on a car, and all they had to do was put in 4 screws, and they were making $26.50 an hour just to do that. what a joke, at the time i was working loading and unloading trucks for $9.00 an hour.

I agree with not liking unions but you can soley blame them for the trillions of debt this currupt government has taken on especially just recently with the bailouts making all the "TO BIG TO FAILS" debt go from privet debt to public debt. let the free market work is what i say

^^^^THIS^^^^ Wow! Metalhead and I agree on something. I hear it's snowing in he77, too.

I can see both sides because I have been on both sides. I feel like a few others here who have stated that unions were once very beneficial to all workers and we still reap some of the benefits from the change they brought about. However I think today they harm the economy overall about as much as they help. JMO

Modern unions not only hurt the economy, they have a negative impact at the core of American life. The teachers unions are the most obvious example of this. The quality of our educational system is in the crapper and one of the biggest reasons is because it's so hard to fire bad teachers and give raises to the good ones. Why? Unions.

Wow id like to see that vid. what a crock. I to have worked in union inviroments at plant bowen in taylorsville, all the workers are very skilled but have no motive to work because they will get paid on friday no matter what does or doesnt get done. most of the time we took turns taking naps and while others were keeping watch for the white hats.

Gotta ask- it's the teachers fault, not the parents, not the student, not the constantly changing fed programs foisted upon schools, not the school boards who can't even keep a schedule longer than a year(cobb), or are downright(allegedly) corrupt- gwinnet, dekalb, atl, fulton, and had their cert taken away clayton , anda few more?

Why have you singled out teachers? My view(and no I am not a teacher and had my share of not so good ones), is that teachers are likely the least to blame in this whole mess.

Modern unions not only hurt the economy, they have a negative impact at the core of American life. The teachers unions are the most obvious example of this. The quality of our educational system is in the crapper and one of the biggest reasons is because it's so hard to fire bad teachers and give raises to the good ones. Why? Unions.

As an ex union member of 2 different trades, I can say all unions are is a crock.

Unions are great for unions! As long as all the suckers keep paying in. The biggest trend now is getting all the members nearing retirement to screw the future just getting started. It kills me how no one seems to care what we are doing to our kids. Ok I'm off the soap box!

Unions are scapegoats for bad business and bad government , just as teachers are scapegoats for bad, unmotivated students and refusal-to-take responsibility parenting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom