• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

United Nations Ammo .223 $400 per 1000

Marked as shipped. Site doesn't look professionally done. Anybody buy from them yet?
Yeah, I'm somewhat skeptical of the "deal" websites and unless I see feedback, I generally steer clear. Here's a little situation I dealt with several months ago. It was back during the hype with high-cap mag. ban. I found a deal on a "fly-by-night" site - the site had camera phone pics, poorly formatted layout, and typos in "item description" sections. After waiting a few weeks, I contacted the phone number on the site for the status of my order. Expecting a recording, I was more than surprised when a guy answered the phone after a few rings. I sh*t you not, his greeting was a quick "yeah!" My first thought was damn, I've dialed the wrong number and I was about to apologize and hang up. I can't remember the name of the company but I asked "is this xyz firearms inc?" The guy was like, "yeah, yeah that's us, are you calling about an order?" I replied "yes sir" and dude was like, "hold on." I heard him put the phone down, (not on hold) and came back a few seconds later to say, "yeah it's on back order." I could hear a saw, drill or something in the distant background and the guy sounded like he was walking around in his backyard while his neighbor was cutting firewood! I told him to cancel my order and tell Bob Vila I said hello since he was working so diligently in the background. After hanging up I immediately called my bank, re-ordered a new debit card with a different number, and learned a valuable lesson. I kept a close watch on my account activity and a few days after the phone conversation I went to the site and the URL was not valid anymore...the domain was up for sale. A buddy of mine had a similar situation trying to purchase a digital camera off a shady site.
so-im-like-your-call-is-very-important-to-us.jpg

Back
Top Bottom