• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

United States v. Miller ----

I would love for criminals to have F/A, and run out of ammo almost instantly and destroy any semblance of accuracy.

Mini-guns and Grenades would still be excluded under miller since they are not on most normal infantry men, right?

I carry an M203.. Im not even Infantry. They are very common.

In 1939, how many infantrymen were carrying thompsons? Hardly the common soldier, now that is quite different and applying miller, F/A ought to be allowed.

I was simply rebutting your claim that the 1939 case was pre-FA. The BAR and Thompson were both in the common infantryman arsenal.

I guess the court would have to define common for us, they really failed to in Miller. Is it a per capita issue? or just if it is normal to see in infantry operations? I don't know what the standard would be.

Remington 870 Police Magnum 10" Breacher Shotguns are common too. those are badass.

I guess the court would have to define common for us, they really failed to in Miller. Is it a per capita issue? or just if it is normal to see in infantry operations? I don't know what the standard would be.

The Supreme Court remanded the case to the federal district court "for further proceedings", which never took place. Unfortunately this case died with the defendant, Miller. He was shoot and killed before the Supreme Court made their decision. The other defendant, My Layton, took a plea deal and nobody continued the legal proceedings.

when a group of infantry men go out, how many of them carry a 10" barrel shotgun? just wondering?
Depends on the operation. Maybe 1 per 10. I per squad. And in Theater you have to go out in at least a platoon. So maybe 4? It really depends on the type of unit. Engineer units get these weapons too. They are easier to carry in the vehicles they operate.

The Bonnie and Cylde BAR Machine Gun 1918A1
scat02.jpg

Back
Top Bottom