• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Upcoming River Trips

Captain Matt Robinson

Default rank <50 posts Sponsor
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
The Stripers, hybrids, and white bass are making their spawning migration from the lakes into the rivers.

I will continue to fish the Dams between West Point and Columbus depending on water flow. The more rain we get the better this fishing will be. Sorta the opposite to our normal river fishing!!!

Columbus, GA boat ramp is only an hour and a half from my house in east point. The Hybrid bass run is starting and should be in full force any day now. It can be really incredible fishing, great lure fishing as well. It is right below the downtown river rafting area, you are fishing with Zipliners souring overhead. It's Cool!

Above West Point lake near Franklin should be great hybrid fishing (as described above) until about mid-April. 50+ fish days are normal.

The Etowah River above lake Allatoona is my choice for white bass and a chance at a big 25lb+ striper. White bass fishing is great for kids. Plenty of action. The Hybrid bite can be really good as well. With the warm snap we just had I think the fish should be moving up. I haven't been there yet this year. I will need a partner or two to go scout with during the middle of the week.

The Oconee River above lake Oconee can be great white bass fishing. As soon as the water comes down after this rain it should be great for another week or two. If you live over on the eastside of Atlanta it would be a fun trip with amazing action!

Capt. Matthew Robinson
MR River Fishing
www.gariverfishing.com
770-616-3865

We’re in conyers but we want to get on some hybrids and stripers so I guess I’d go on your recommendation. Will the stripers run up the Oconee river with the white bass?

Not really, the white bass fishing is can be great above Oconee, by the time the hybrids show up, IMHO there are too many boat and not enough fish.

For the larger stripers I recommend the Hooch or the Etowah. During the summer. That won't really get going until May-ish... The spring run in Columbus and Franklin are awesome for lots and lots of hybrids with potential at 20+ pound stripers.

I will fish above Hartwell for larger stripers, hybrids and walleye in the next month or so. I don't fish there much as it is a long way for me to drive. Prob just as far from Conyers.

Back
Top Bottom