• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Update on status of gun industry (with link to blog post)

I'm speaking more on his actual record politically. He never even blinked on the subject. Heck, Reagan did more anti 2A work than Obama has done.

For sure, and really the only thing affecting consumers thus far is supply and demand. The manufacturer info from the OP is reassuring, I agree Proximal.

I love how some people say "people should have seen this coming."

Really? How?

Obama never so much as touched on gun control at any point before Sandy Hook. He doesn't even have a political history of action in that arena. Feinstein tries to push a ban through every year, so there's nothing new in that area either.

While I agree that preparing is always the wise thing to do if one can afford it, I laugh at these jackasses who act like they have the "I told you so" mentality, when 90% don't even pay attention to politics and what's going on 90% of the time.

First, on the 90%- well they don't matter do they? they won't turn off American Idol long enough to know that there is a war in the front yard.

On Obama, let me give you a few instances off the top of my head.
  • He told Putin that when he got re-elected, that he'd have more flexibility to get things done. He wasn't talking about lowering taxes. He was making it clear he was gonna flex his tyrannical muscle and he can't very well do that with a bunch of gun carrying, bible thumping patriots running around, could he?
  • and on that note, he stated that one of the problems in this country was people clutching their guns and bibles and what not.
  • In the 2nd debate (could have been third) he and Romney debated gun control. Prices were still reasonable and supply was available. That was the last shot to get things for some time.
  • Dianne Frankenstein was already rattling her ghastly chains when he took office. That was an indicator too.

I don't make the statement with an I told you so attitude. I'm actually pissed that people weren't paying better attention. The right thing in my mind is that there should have been no panic- while that wouldn't have told the govn't much, it would have said that the citizens of this nation were prepared for this BS.

To those not paying attention, I say - turn the freaking game off and know what's going on in your city. The country is in a mess and needs your help. Who give a crap about the Falcons?!

some are only interested in have ammo for plinking, and AR's and AK's for range days. some want them for self protection. yet others have them for defense of this nation from all enemies. Those are the ones that need ammo and guns and should have been better prepared.

I could use an AR upper, but I don't need one so badly that I'd pay $300 for one. Last time this thing happened (1994) I had stuff, but did pay $500 for a preban lower. I knew not to let it happen again, and if you search threads on this site alone, the info was there to tell you the same thing. yet some of us supposedly couldn't see past our tin foil hats.

First, on the 90%- well they don't matter do they? they won't turn off American Idol long enough to know that there is a war in the front yard.

On Obama, let me give you a few instances off the top of my head.
  • He told Putin that when he got re-elected, that he'd have more flexibility to get things done. He wasn't talking about lowering taxes. He was making it clear he was gonna flex his tyrannical muscle and he can't very well do that with a bunch of gun carrying, bible thumping patriots running around, could he?
  • and on that note, he stated that one of the problems in this country was people clutching their guns and bibles and what not.
  • In the 2nd debate (could have been third) he and Romney debated gun control. Prices were still reasonable and supply was available. That was the last shot to get things for some time.
  • Dianne Frankenstein was already rattling her ghastly chains when he took office. That was an indicator too.

I don't make the statement with an I told you so attitude. I'm actually pissed that people weren't paying better attention. The right thing in my mind is that there should have been no panic- while that wouldn't have told the govn't much, it would have said that the citizens of this nation were prepared for this BS.

To those not paying attention, I say - turn the freaking game off and know what's going on in your city. The country is in a mess and needs your help. Who give a crap about the Falcons?!

some are only interested in have ammo for plinking, and AR's and AK's for range days. some want them for self protection. yet others have them for defense of this nation from all enemies. Those are the ones that need ammo and guns and should have been better prepared.

I could use an AR upper, but I don't need one so badly that I'd pay $300 for one. Last time this thing happened (1994) I had stuff, but did pay $500 for a preban lower. I knew not to let it happen again, and if you search threads on this site alone, the info was there to tell you the same thing. yet some of us supposedly couldn't see past our tin foil hats.

That's all nice and dandy. Now show me any legislation that Obama voted on when he was in the Senate that dealt with gun control. Show me ANY legislation he approved in his last term that had to do with gun control.

1. The conversation was with Medvedev, not Putin. That had to do with ballistic missile issues.

2. The guns and Bibles comment had nothing to do with gun control.

3. It was the second debate I believe and they really didn't debate gun control. It was one question that they pretty much blew through.

4. Feinstein has been pushing gun control long before Obama was even in consideration for President.

Like I said, yes I believe in being prepared, but the whole "zomg! I told you so!" deal is dumb. Of course at some point down the road, gun control would be a big issue again. Its not like that was a stroke of genius to figure it out, but some folks act like it was. I just think most were surprised at how quickly gun folks have wiped out items....especially considering we aren't anywhere close to any legislation being approved.

^ This

The shortages are nothing more than people snatching everything they can to try and sell it at a mark-up on sites like this. This is all going to look dumb by this time next year if not sooner. There will be no ban. There isn't enough support for it. Quit buying everything like its the end of the world and prices will go down. There's enough for everyone. Don't be a knee jerk idiot.

Back
Top Bottom