• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Update on status of gun industry (with link to blog post)

SOLGardener

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
57   0
Reaction score
Source:http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2013/01/update-status-of-gun-industry.html

Interesting status report from Valley Guns in West Virginia:

Status of gun industry

Attention F.B. fans: to follow will be several IMPORTANT Info updates about the status of the gun industry currently, followed by an INVENTORY UPDATE: We traveled to Texas for Industry meetings concerning the shortages, here's what we were told.

Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.

RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.

FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1. Remington-Maxed out!

Armalite: Maxed out.

DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.

COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's.

LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.

Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.

MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.

RELOADERS... ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes... it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we'll keep you posted...

If you didn't stock up when Obama mentioned gun control during the debates, then blame none but yourself.The writing was on the wall. Best wishes on the funds to do it now.

I love how some people say "people should have seen this coming."

Really? How?

Obama never so much as touched on gun control at any point before Sandy Hook. He doesn't even have a political history of action in that arena. Feinstein tries to push a ban through every year, so there's nothing new in that area either.

While I agree that preparing is always the wise thing to do if one can afford it, I laugh at these jackasses who act like they have the "I told you so" mentality, when 90% don't even pay attention to politics and what's going on 90% of the time.

Really? How?

Obama never so much as touched on gun control at any point before Sandy Hook. He doesn't even have a political history of action in that arena. Feinstein tries to push a ban through every year, so there's nothing new in that area either.

While I agree that preparing is always the wise thing to do if one can afford it, I laugh at these jackasses who act like they have the "I told you so" mentality, when 90% don't even pay attention to politics and what's going on 90% of the time.

He did mention renewing the assault weapons ban, and banning military-style weapons, in (I believe) the last presidential debate. It was the town-hall style one. Still, I don't disagree, I think everyone was surprised by the speed in which things were suddenly out of stock.

Still can't get it though Chris......

Thats right, I'm gonna corner the market when it comes out. I'll be at freaking Wal-Mart at 7:00 buying off the shelf as soon as the put up. Then, I'm gonna put in on the ODT for TWICE THE PRICE and use the proceeds to buy... TACOS!

Really? How?

I was wondering the same thing.

This article is actually kind of awesome. I'm glad the gun companies are working at max capacity. :thumb:

He did mention renewing the assault weapons ban, and banning military-style weapons, in (I believe) the last presidential debate. It was the town-hall style one. Still, I don't disagree, I think everyone was surprised by the speed in which things were suddenly out of stock.

I'm speaking more on his actual record politically. He never even blinked on the subject. Heck, Reagan did more anti 2A work than Obama has done.

Back
Top Bottom