• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

*Updated* Aero Precision Record Profits

There was an old radio spot running in the Upstate of SC in the early 90's that went something like this, "Wouldn't it be great if there was truth in advertising? How about truth in general?"

The ad then cut to a "boss" explaining to his employee, "Frankly Wilson, YOU are getting a smaller bonus this year so I CAN GET A BIGGER ONE!" LOL!

Certainly...but that looks like an Aero logo and a Starbucks gift card to me.
Hey guys, I work for CZ and they took away my bonus (that I probably never got in writing) and gave me this hat and an empty can of Monster Rehab.

See? It's the CZ logo on the hat! Totally legit guys!

1671466404517.png

I'll eat crow on this and have enough humility to accept that there was very little information other than the reddit post I linked and bought into it. Seems others have weighed in that work for the company to provide a little balance to what was being presented.

I'm updating the original post to include that information.

Employer: I'm offering $XXXXX for you to work for me. Do you agree?

Employer: Yes, I agree to work for $XXXXX

Unless that deal is broken by either party I don't see the problem?

The employer is not your daddy. It's an agreed up even exchange of money for labor. They don't owe a Christmas present at all, it's just a nice tradition. I wonder if the employees complaining have ever bought their boss or supervisor a Christmas present out of their own money and why wouldn't they? Unless they see their employer as a parental figure, which is kinda sad to me.

What did they give last year for a bonus?

It's better than layoffs or taking austerity measures like pay cuts or giving more vacation days for reduced pay, shorter work weeks, etc. The company I work for also had ridiculous record sales in the past year or two, but now we are hurting bad.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^
When the market crashed in 2008 my employer at the time cut out some.of the extras. The end result was nobody lost their job or had reduced hours or wages.

I've been following this.

So there's several dynamics involved, taking the Reddit post at face value is one-sided.

Aero moved their entire facility earlier this year and that was a huge expense, most likely in the several tens of millions of dollars. They most likely had teething issues as well, trying to bring all their equipment back online. Not sure how far the move was, but it's possible not all the employees/skilled labor was retained.

They had a Christmas party as stated and those who attended received the ornament and gift card. They also gave out prizes, I know one guy won a really nice cooler although I don't know the brand.

They apparently spent a lot of money fighting the Anti-Gun lobby this year, I heard about it but haven't researched to know anything about it.

They spent a lot of money on R&D I would assume on their M5 rifle that failed miserably by some famous dude who's name escapes me at the moment, so their reputation has taken a hit, not sure if it's affected sales/profits.

They had a pretty massive layoff back in October as I understand it, so if I worked there I would be thankful I still had a job instead of bitching about a Christmas ornament and a gift card.

Aero doesn't have any Aerospace/Defense contracts so their profit margin isn't as built-in or guaranteed as it is with other manufacturers who have secured contracts with .gov/.mil, I would imagine that their raw materials expenses have gone through the roof, all while trying to keep their receivers/rails (among other products) reasonably priced.

Back
Top Bottom