• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Upgrade! - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate it. I’m usually good with change but I can’t find anything and I used to be on here all day and refresh it every 30-45mins to see the new postings and what’s been bumped all on the same page with a quick glance. I’m done with this site now which saddens me as I’ve become really addicted to it. lol. I’ve had a lot of good deals on here but I guess it’s time to move on.
images.gif

Okuma Okuma , Good evening. If you hover over a screen name you can see all of the information they have available when starting a cha however if you click on their screen name you will get this:

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You gotta be pulling your hair out if you have any... HA.. this would drive me mad and probably end up shooting my computer.... ;) I know it doesn't solve anything however, I would feel much better. LOL

You need to be at this Meet and greet so I can meet the Infamous Okuma Steve.

Tried that. No luck. This is a screen shot sideways.
I'll look into getting views added back, it's on the list.
One thing I can't find is the option to join user groups in the Boiler Room. Is it there and I'm just missing it?
I'm working on it now, it was an oversight on my part.
Before the update, It had an option off to the side that said last message. It would allow you to view the items by date and time posted. Its gone now. Can we get that back
Added to the list
Not sure if already mentioned, but if I click on a user name I used to find all of their threads posted. Now I can't.
I'll get this added back
Just some suggestions/questions:
Add 7.62x39
Add shotgun gauges
.556 should be 5.56
.22 Rimfire should probably be .22LR/L/S (since .22 Magnum is also rimfire)
.308 should probably be .308/7.62x51
9mm should probably be 9mm Luger (unless it should also cover other 9 by X?)

Questions more for users:
Should .45 be split into .45ACP and .45LC ?
Should .223 and 5.56 be combined?
Added most of these. I think the caliber system is messed up right now but should get fixed overnight.
In preferences please make the option available to increasing the number of viewing pages. I had it it set to 20 pages in the old format and now I'm limited to 10 pages.
Your help is much appreciated.
View attachment 3383080
On the list
How about adding the .41 Magnum under calibers.
Done
whats new is dumb with 10 entries and you have to request more, well heck yeah there should be more.
I'll get it changed
can we get reloading as its own category again?

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk
Maybe, after the dust settles we can talk about new forums and features. I'm just trying to get back to "normal" at this point.
How do I get back to my original mobile settings? It will only let me run computer settings.
Should be a "Default Style" button in the bottom right corner that will take you back.
Thank you guys for all the hard work you are putting into the upgrade. Whenever the dust settles, a Xenforo style with smaller text would be greatly appreciated. There was something called "Old Board" in the styles before the upgrade that isn't listed post upgrade, but it was nice because it didn't have the handicapped sized text and buttons.

I am willing to fund $30 for a small text Xenforo style if that helps?
Maintaining multiple styles is a major pain so I prefer to keep just one, but we can add some different color variations to the current style.
I can no longer switch the results to show in order of most recently posted. The format with the most recent comment makes it harder to see whats actually new posts. I even tried in the desktop style and its the same.
On the list
Tapatalk compatibility. Any chance that can be restored? Prior to this big update, it worked well. Now those of us using it only get bits of info.

We can see why the add is but don’t get
Item Name:

Zip Code:

Item is for:
Sale Price:
Trade Value or Items Looking For:

Caliber:

Willing to Ship:

Bill of Sale Required?:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.... Or maybe someone could created and ODT app that’s in the App stores.

Respectfully
Chris
Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing in tapatalk so I can better understand?
Having the feeling that I’m not getting auto-logged off. Seems to be logged in after a full day. And haven’t had to 2FA verify with Google Authenticator which is worrisome. Also could not find the “Feedback given” tally. But the work you’ve done is great.
Try clearing your browser cookies and then log back in with the remember me box checked.
Should be able to disable this. If you click someone's name on the mobile website it will bring up a box and say for example for me
"Last seen 1 minute ago · Engaged in a private message"

I rather someone know when I was last online but not sending pms to people...
Yes, in your privacy settings you should be able to control this.
As far as I see so far, there is no category specific search option.

Such as search only say, Handguns or Handguns and Accessories.
Very strange, will get it fixed.
I hate it. I’m usually good with change but I can’t find anything and I used to be on here all day and refresh it every 30-45mins to see the new postings and what’s been bumped all on the same page with a quick glance. I’m done with this site now which saddens me as I’ve become really addicted to it. lol. I’ve had a lot of good deals on here but I guess it’s time to move on.
Sorry you feel that way. I don't think it's that bad.

When browsing any for sale categories when filter is added location is removed.. for example if I go to rifles for sale in metro Atlanta then add price filter new results will be all of Georgia not just metro atlanta
Added to list

Not sure if mentioned, but anyway of viewing the status under the member name, without hovering over it to drop down the info? I found it extremely helpful to see the info on a member right before I read, as it was before.
What are you referring to when you say status?
Since I can't relist old adds I attempted to create a new add. Ran into 2 problems. Won't let me enter caliber. Doesn't know where 30513 Blue Ridge, Georgia is.

We have upgraded to a new system and you will need to start over with a new ad.
We also cannot post new ads or relist old ads.
I think I have you fixed now, let me know if you're still having trouble.
Having an issue seeing a member I follow. We are friends, before upgrade, I could see his posts and all content. Now it says " Ooops we're having a problem" next line reads " This user limits who can see content " ... Just not the same as before upgrade.
Sounds like he has adjusted his privacy settings too high, ask him to reduce them so his friends can see it.
ok trying to create new ad and getting a conflict with the address b/t zip code and it "matching" the zip code
"Oops! We ran into some problems.
We were unable to detect the approximate location based on Specific location provided. Please double check the location and the ZIP code."
Added to list
Could you please minimize the filter menu as a drop down box
Not sure what you're referring to, can you give me a screenshot?
I can't create a steals and deals thread like I used to. It looks like a classified ad. I posted one and it moved it to the for sale section.
Added to list, should be fixed overnight
Doesn't seem to work as good anymore on my phone when using it vertically. Tried switching to different layouts. Usernames are are elongated and letters are stacked. Horizontally it works fine, but vertically makers one handed browsing much easier.
Can you give me a screenshot of what you're seeing?
I can't relist. Says I have to create the ads all over again. Did not do this to me last night when I simply relisted my old ads:

View attachment 3386340
Yeah we were having a lot of problems with relisting old ads so we shut it off last night.

I have upgrade my supporter ribbon but can still not post a new item in the classified section it goes back to forum every time I try
Can you explain the process of what happens? Where in the listing process are you?
Both of my listings are double showing the contents with the old listing and price with the new listing with price also?
Related to relisting issues I believe, you can mark it as gone and recreate it if you'd like without penalty.
Okuma Okuma , Good evening. If you hover over a screen name you can see all of the information they have available when starting a cha however if you click on their screen name you will get this:

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You gotta be pulling your hair out if you have any... HA.. this would drive me mad and probably end up shooting my computer.... ;) I know it doesn't solve anything however, I would feel much better. LOL

You need to be at this Meet and greet so I can meet the Infamous Okuma Steve.
I can't recreate this issue, can you elaborate on where you are when you click it and what exactly you click?

This is nothing, I can handle this no problem. It is a little annoying that no one reads my posts and then ask questions that I answered in the same thread, but whatevs.

The worst ever is when I tried to move the site from godaddy shared hosting to a private VPS server back in year one or two. Total disaster, people were hitting two different sites and we had tons of DNS issues. If rbstern rbstern hadn't jumped in and saved the site who knows what would have happened.

It was three days of hell and we survived it so an upgrade is no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom