• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

US Paratroopers put on display in France...........

Its has always been said that:

The first week separates the men from the boys,
Second week separates the men from the fools,
Third week the fools jump!

View attachment 2131191
That looks like a C141......You don't have to jump from those. You just walk toward the door at a 45 degree angle and when you lift you foot to take that last step....WOOSH...it sucks you right out the door, LOL!

That looks like a C141......You don't have to jump from those. You just walk toward the door at a 45 degree angle and when you lift you foot to take that last step....WOOSH...it sucks you right out the door, LOL!

Never jumped out of a C141 but I’ve jumped out of a bunch of C130’s and a few Helicopters.

Never jumped out of a C141 but I’ve jumped out of a bunch of C130’s and a few Helicopters.

My first and 3rd was out a C123. Like a 130 but only 2 props, and no doors, about half the size. 2d jump from 141 and still to this day can recall the view as I got to the door.

Its been said the 1st jump is the easiest, the 2d is the hardest!!!!

Great Pics. I remember my first jump. I thought I was deaf it was so quiet. First five jumps out of a C123, also jumped C119( The flying boxcar and the first model of the C130. 101stAbn. First jump 61 yrs ago.
I remember mine too slick....like it was yesterday. A hot August day, 1985 on Fryar Drop Zone, fell fast under canopy and hit like a load of bricks, lol. 3 days later stood on the same field and got my Silver Wings! That's me after the graduation jump explaining to my mother that it's actually really safe, lol.

002 (2).JPG

I remember mine too slick....like it was yesterday. A hot August day, 1985 on Fryar Drop Zone, fell fast under canopy and hit like a load of bricks, lol. 3 days later stood on the same field and got my Silver Wings! That's me after the graduation jump explaining to my mother that it's actually really safe, lol.

View attachment 2131328
We jumped three times the first day and two jumps the second day. General Westmoreland pinned my wings on at the DZ. 1959 picture.
Dec 59 - Copy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom