• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

USPS - Anybody else having trouble?

Usually I have had good luck with the mail. I send a buddy in Illinois stuff a lot. Always takes 2 days either way. This time I mailed on Friday and was supposed to deliver yesterday. This is the first time I saw Palmetto in tracking. It is now doing a tour of the country.

I just tried to file a request to find my package, but they said that since it's still showing that it's on the way to the next destination I can't yet. WTF. It's obviously lost in limbo somewhere if it hasn't been scanned in 4 days. I guess in their eyes it will show up at some point...

I just tried to file a request to find my package, but they said that since it's still showing that it's on the way to the next destination I can't yet. WTF. It's obviously lost in limbo somewhere if it hasn't been scanned in 4 days. I guess in their eyes it will show up at some point...
I think it's 11 days before they'll do a detailed search.

I ship with USPS all the time. Never have they flat out lost anything. Delays happen but 95% of the time it gets to me or my customer on time.

Recently they slightly damaged a ball vise I sold on eBay for $500. The package had been dropped and re-tapped up by them. The scratches bothered my customer so I asked him if $100 would cover the damages. He said yes.

So I filed a insurance claim with USPS showing my eBay listing with an unscratched ball vise, and then the ball vise in the damaged package scratched. I requested $200 + the $25 shipping cost. Two weeks later I got a check in the mail for $225 from them.

Sent my customer the $100 and pocketed the rest for my trouble.

I know people have their issues with them but for me they've been one of the most reliable services I've ever used.

I think it's 11 days before they'll do a detailed search.

I ship with USPS all the time. Never have they flat out lost anything. Delays happen but 95% of the time it gets to me or my customer on time.

Recently they slightly damaged a ball vise I sold on eBay for $500. The package had been dropped and re-tapped up by them. The scratches bothered my customer so I asked him if $100 would cover the damages. He said yes.

So I filed a insurance claim with USPS showing my eBay listing with an unscratched ball vise, and then the ball vise in the damaged package scratched. I requested $200 + the $25 shipping cost. Two weeks later I got a check in the mail for $225 from them.

Sent my customer the $100 and pocketed the rest for my trouble.

I know people have their issues with them but for me they've been one of the most reliable services I've ever used.
Gotcha, I'll wait a few more days and try again. Good to know. Yeah I generally haven't had many issues lately until this one, I guess it's taking a tour of the Postal system for now.

Gotcha, I'll wait a few more days and try again. Good to know. Yeah I generally haven't had many issues lately until this one, I guess it's taking a tour of the Postal system for now.
I shipped a Glock 17 to a dealer in Tennessee a few years ago. Ended up at a post office in California, no tracking update for 14 days. I filed a claim certain that it was gone for good, then it started moving again and made it to Tennessee unopened and undamaged.

The lady at the PO told me today that the processing center was moved from Duluth to Palmetto and they can't get it together. People from Duluth are pissed that they have to drive 2 hours to work and they can't get the machines to work. We all know that the PO has become the biggest diversity hire and we all see how wonderful that is working out. I had a woman mailman in Gwinnett that could not speak english, how the hell could she read an address. Just another brick in the wall to destroy America, when I was a kid we got 2 mail deliveries a day morning and afternoon.

I shipped a Glock 17 to a dealer in Tennessee a few years ago. Ended up at a post office in California, no tracking update for 14 days. I filed a claim certain that it was gone for good, then it started moving again and made it to Tennessee unopened and undamaged.
LOL I bet that had you sweating for a minute. I'd for sure think somebody opened that one up and thought they got a nice new gift.

Back
Top Bottom