• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

USPS - Anybody else having trouble?

I received a notice today to go pick up a package from USPS that is supposed to contain four NGK BPR5ES spark plugs for my Honda lawnmower. I'm guessing that the product is either damaged or lost in transit. I paid just over $13 but the shipper insured them under "USPS Ground Advantage™--USPS Tracking®Up to $100 insurance included." Someone will be made whole many times over. These were bought on Amazon and I went ahead and messaged the seller and Amazon that there was a delivery problem requiring a pickup and possibly an empty shipping container.
Update- I filled out an online form yesterday evening for the USPS to deliver the package to my house and it arrived this morning in a pristine bubble-wrap envelope package with zero damage issues. I spoke to the postal delivery person and they acknowledged that the message to "pick up at the post office" was a definitely a screwup. I also received a 6 pack of Champion plugs individually boxed and sealed in a factory bag, and shipped fortunately from a Florida Amazon facility in a plastic shipping bag. Shipping the Champion plugs across the continent probably would have broken some of them. Incidentally, the NGK spark plugs still ship with a cardboard collar over the electrode whereas Champion no longer places a collar on the electrodes.

I ended up calling the postal inspectors about a Garand I had shipped from Wisconsin. It was shipped registered mail but got stuck in Atlanta sorting facility for a couple weeks and no one seemed particularly interested in finding it for me. Amazingly after calling the inspectors and them putting me in touch with the right person to whom I told that it was a missing firearm the rifle literally showed up the next day.

I am also aware that Albany has a problem with employee theft though from what I have seen it is mostly checks that are being stolen and bleached for check fraud. Local law office did a set up by mailing checks on a Saturday and the same checks were fraudulently used first thing Monday morning. The law office reported that the local postal people did not want to hear about it when confronted. This was a few months ago but I have heard nothing else about it.
When I was finishing college in the early 1980s, I had to go to the post office to pick up my Balfour class ring. While at the post office, I opened it and the ring was gone. It was shipped insured. Long story short, after my college filed a complaint with Balfour, Balfour had the postal inspectors investigate and a longstanding postal employee had been stealing these rings for many years. And my ring was replaced in a few weeks. I followed that case for a while and that postal employee went to prison for many years. Today, I doubt they receive the same justice.

About 25 years ago I put 3 checks in the mailbox at my house for bills. Had over a couple thousand in the account for monthly bills and the next statement was wiped out. Checks were washed and forged with my wife's name used at Kmart and Walmart over N Ga and Franklin NC. Investigators said it was a big ring out of NC hitting small towns everywhere and they knew exactly what I had in my account. It took about 6 months to get my money back and Kmart had to eat the loss - they didn't check ID. Was a big headache with late fees and catching up bills - never used the mailbox since.
The investigator wouldn't add my charge for forgery and tampering with mail since he said he had so much on RICO charges.

This is what I’m having to deal with. They say they don’t know why the sorting machines keeps sending it to Arkansas. After varying the address with both the sender and the usps and the usps lady in Arkansas that the package keeps getting sent to, she also confirmes that the address is correct and nothing is damaged, so that tells me it’s all Palmettos doing…View attachment 7014182View attachment 7014183View attachment 7014184
Honestly that looks like a bad joke! Anyone not paying attention would not believe you if you told them this.

Honestly that looks like a bad joke! Anyone not paying attention would not believe you if you told them this.
Right, never had a problem before. Then all of the sudden, this happens. Then doing research it started with the palmetto situation.

I've been having issues with USPS for weeks, but it seems to be regional and inconsistent. Items to/from west TN, west KY, etc...forget it. Add a week, in spite of the fact that they are literally a 4-6 hour drive from Atlanta!

I'm only using UPS with tracking on everything now (especially meds!).

Your mileage may vary...

1. Sat, Mar 16
    1:29pm
    DEPARTED USPS REGIONAL FACILITY
    PALMETTO, GA 30268
  2. Fri, Mar 15
    12:00am
    In Transit to Next Facility, Arriving Late

3. Thu, Mar 14
    10:07pm
    PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
    ATLANTA GA DISTRIBUTION CENTER, 30267
  4. Wed, Mar 13

5. Tue, Mar 12

6. Mon, Mar 11

7. Sun, Mar 10

8. Sat, Mar 9
    2:17am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
    ATLANTA GA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
  9. Fri, Mar 8
    7:13pm
    Arrived at USPS Facility
    PALMETTO, GA 30268
  10. Fri, Mar 8
    6:28pm
    Departed USPS Facility
    FAIRBURN, GA 30213
  11. Fri, Mar 8

12. Thu, Mar 7

13. Wed, Mar 6

14. Tue, Mar 5
    In Transit to Next Facility, Arriving On Time

15. Mon, Mar 4
    4:13pm
    ARRIVED AT USPS REGIONAL FACILITY
    FAIRBURN, GA 30213
  16. Sun, Mar 3
    9:59pm
    Departed USPS Regional Facility
    DALLAS TX LOGISTICS CENTER
  17. Sun, Mar 3
    9:07pm
    DEPARTED USPS REGIONAL FACILITY
    DALLAS TX LOGISTICS CENTER, 75059
  18. Sun, Mar 3
    6:13pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    DALLAS TX LOGISTICS CENTER
  19. Sat, Mar 2
    11:16am
    Departed USPS Regional Facility
    LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
  20. Sat, Mar 2
    10:29am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
  21. Fri, Mar 1
    5:30pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
    ANAHEIM CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
  22. Fri, Mar 1
    4:15pm
    Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
    IRVINE, CA 92606
  23. Wed, Feb 28
    8:41pm
    PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM
    IRVINE, CA 92606
  24. Wed, Feb 28
    5:31pm
    SHIPPING LBL CREATED USPS AWAITS ITEM
    IRVINE, CA 92606
  25. Wed, Feb 28
    6:31pm

Screenshot_20240316-185136~2.png
I'm wondering about the fate of my package. Now is the moment of guessing where and when it will be. Mine was supposed to arrive yesterday. Last update before saying arriving late was at 9:07pm it got to the ATL distribution center. Play it by ear.
Screenshot_20240316-185200.png

About 25 years ago I put 3 checks in the mailbox at my house for bills. Had over a couple thousand in the account for monthly bills and the next statement was wiped out. Checks were washed and forged with my wife's name used at Kmart and Walmart over N Ga and Franklin NC. Investigators said it was a big ring out of NC hitting small towns everywhere and they knew exactly what I had in my account. It took about 6 months to get my money back and Kmart had to eat the loss - they didn't check ID. Was a big headache with late fees and catching up bills - never used the mailbox since.
The investigator wouldn't add my charge for forgery and tampering with mail since he said he had so much on RICO charges.
In Powder Springs it’s been known by most locals to NEVER use the outside Mail Drop box . My regular driver is a sweetheart , when she’s out , the subs are sorry !

Back
Top Bottom