USS Midway

Torn

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
52   0
Reaction score
IMG_0529.JPG
IMG_0539.JPG

I flew out to San Diego to visit my old Navy buddy Mike. We went through AC school together and then spent 2 years in the Philippines as Controllers. He has ALS and has to use a wheelchair but we were able to get him in the hangar bay and up on the flight deck. We enjoyed a couple of beers on the port elevator and I tried to talk him into let us shoot him off the number one catapult in his chair! He said maybe next year.

Spent 2 years aboard, 81-83. VA-93 Attack Sq.,

Soooo many memories, I was 17 just turned 18, did a lot of growing up on that boat!

So many stories I can't tell on here, LOL

Feeling my age now seeing that it's a museum now.

Spent 2 years aboard, 81-83. VA-93 Attack Sq.,

Soooo many memories, I was 17 just turned 18, did a lot of growing up on that boat!

So many stories I can't tell on here, LOL

Feeling my age now seeing that it's a museum now.
Tell me about it. All the planes we worked are musuem pieces now just like us. We were stationed in the PI 83-85 and the Midway was in port every other month or so it seemed. Station Dito! We'd both get banned for life from ODT if we even told half of the stories from Subic Bay.

When where you guys there? Same time as me?
Might have drank a few Sam Megales (misspelled I'm sure) together or thrown out of some bar, Ha Ha

Just got your post, looks like we just miss each other.

When where you guys there? Same time as me?
Might have drank a few Sam Megales (misspelled I'm sure) together or thrown out of some bar, Ha Ha
We (ACs) use to hang out at Mariposas, 100% Rock Bar, The Corkroom, Green Apple, Filmore East in Olongapo and the Dog Patch and Whiskey River in the Barrio.

Back
Top Bottom