VA planned to confiscate a Veterans firearms

I was glad to see the VA official that showed up was going to work on appealing for him to resolve the paperwork mishap.

You think that is what he was going to do if he hadn't found a bunch of gun totin' folks hanging out at the place?

You think that is what he was going to do if he hadn't found a bunch of gun totin' folks hanging out at the place?
Sometimes a large group or media can intimidate or change the outcome either was good in this case. The original inspector could not make it there so the official showed up to talk to the public about their plans for this case. I'm glad the local sheriff and community showed so much support this helped.

I googled this and found the associated press news story, theres much more info there. The VA did send the letter but they stated that they have no authority to confiscate. They did claim authority to restrict new purchases but im not sure how theyd actually do that.

The protest was arranged by the local sheriff and others to bring attention to this crappy mess, but there doesnt appear to have been any sort of standoff. More of a press event to get people talking about it.

They can restrict purchases by adding a line to the NCIC report that is used as a disqualifier. It happens all the time not just at the VA. Plenty of hospitals DO NOT report commitments etc. but the VA does in many/most cases. There was a lawsuit a while back of Vietnam Veterans that all of a sudden started getting rejected during the background checks (NCIC). All of that info it was found to have come from the VA.

If you are a vet and need help "voluntarily seek it" before they can peg you with an involuntary and then you will find yourself in a fight for your 2nd Amendment rights. I imagine this will be happening more and more in the future, and less and less real deal combat veterans will seek the help they need (most don't).

Last edited:
Sometimes a large group or media can intimidate or change the outcome either was good in this case. The original inspector could not make it there so the official showed up to talk to the public about their plans for this case. I'm glad the local sheriff and community showed so much support this helped.

Absolutely correct, just because some bureaucrat says this is the way it is does NOT mean we have to consent, more so if it is clearly unconstitutional and abrades the fabric of the bill of rights.

If we are complacent and tolerate the erosion of rights, the government push to the point, until we push back.

We will only retain the rights we demand. No more and no less. Do not consent.

Back
Top Bottom