• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

valuable post - SHTF skills?

After going to SERE School while serving I have a pretty good idea on how to extract information from folks. As far as having a cache of goods you will only become a target. Dogs will be useless. I would kill and eat a dog in a survival situation immediately. Do not count on human decency. After you do not eat for a few days you will be willing to do things never considered in normal circumstances. It will be all about moving, hiding, and surviving. Preppers along with city dwellers will be the first to be killed and looted. Count on it.
]]]

when SHTF is on, i will be by your side. LOLS

PM me if you would or post on this forum....I am curious about your SERE school, what you learned, and how you would apply it...could help the lot of us.....what's in your fast moving bug out bag? What would be your "essentials" knowing what you know? I know you would need to pack light, what would you carry?

Just a basic survival kit. The most important thing is to not be seen or heard. Positive mind set would be second. Learn basic navigation by compass and the sun. Be prepared to kill, steal, and fight to the death. Know what you can and can not eat. Know that you will be cold, tired, and hungry. Stay away from any town or other people.But like I said after about a week you will be a totally different person.
That is the Survival and Evasion part. Resistance and Escape is a whole different subject.

As far as a "kit" some way to purify water, basic first aid, compass, back up compass, another compass, fishing tackle. A good utility knife. Not any of this tactical crap everyone has a hard on for. A couple of different ways to start a fire. MRE's, a solar blanket, small Bible, extra socks. If you have to have a rifle make it small, able to break down, (H&R or CVA Takedown) in .223 of course. Maybe 20 rounds of ammo. Small 9mm pistol. Glock 19-one extra mag. But all of this is moot. If the proverbial SHTF moment happens you will probably be on 285 with all of dindu nuffins. Ideally you will have at least your EDC and some stuff in the vehicle. Be prepared to take everything else you need from someone else.

As far as a "kit" some way to purify water, basic first aid, compass, back up compass, another compass, fishing tackle. A good utility knife. Not any of this tactical crap everyone has a hard on for. A couple of different ways to start a fire. MRE's, a solar blanket, small Bible, extra socks. If you have to have a rifle make it small, able to break down, (H&R or CVA Takedown) in .223 of course. Maybe 20 rounds of ammo. Small 9mm pistol. Glock 19-one extra mag. But all of this is moot. If the proverbial SHTF moment happens you will probably be on 285 with all of dindu nuffins. Ideally you will have at least your EDC and some stuff in the vehicle. Be prepared to take everything else you need from someone else.

PERFECT BROTHER!!!

I have often thought about hunting in a SHTF scenario and the reality is, most of the large game will be hunted to near extinction in a short amount of time. Back in the Great Depression days, GA had hardly any deer due to mass hunger hunting. I feel like fishing would be a much more reliable, renewable resource unless the states watershed became polluted. If not, a couple of large sain nets will be the way to go.

If like me you live in a big neighborhood know what your neighbors have on hand. I know a few with food and weapons. Make friends with them so upon initial contact they will not see you as a threat. Be prepared to take from them what you need. I know that sounds horrible but we are talking about survival. Of course they may have the same mindset so looters beware! Be ready to flip the switch.

Back
Top Bottom