• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Venison burgers

rbstern

Hen of Fame Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
115   0
Reaction score
We typically use venison for sloppy joes, chilly, and sometimes meatloaf. Shied away from making burgers because of the challenges of making venison hold together. Came up with the following recipe, turned out awesome:

1 pound ground venison
1 tbsp butter
1/4 cup Allegro Hickey Smoke marinade
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Put the butter, marinade, salt and pepper in a sauce pan. Use low heat until butter is melted. Stir together well.

Place ground venison in large bowl. Pour marinade mix over venison. Kneed well until mixture is uniform. Form 3 to 4 patties. Place patties on hot grill and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side. The patties are bit more delicate than ground beef patties, so flip carefully.

The resulting burger is a dead-wringer for a high quality beef burger.

Update to this: Made venison burgers last night, didn't have any Allegro marinade in the cupboard, so I swapped in A-1 steak sauce.

Even better than the Allegro.

I used to use an egg and a handful of bread crumbs in my venison burgers to help them hold together without issue. Now I just do a 50/50 mix of ground bacon/ground venison.

Have found a little Dale's or whats that here sauce, Montreals steak seasoning, salt, pepper,
some red pepper flakes. Mix together well and make patties. Then coat with olive oil, either
a little pour or spray on each side. Keeps them from sticking on grill. Towards the end, cheese of choice.

Back
Top Bottom