Vibratory Tumbler

It was the vibratory tumbler, I prob cleaned 5k cases, longest run was around 6 hours, the motor is still strong and never seemed to get hot even. Problem seems to be in the threaded shaft that juts through it. I remember seeing someone say they had the same issue and found a way to replace that rod with a larger one, I'm going to look into that tonight before I take it back. If I get it going again your welcome to use it

It was the vibratory tumbler, I prob cleaned 5k cases, longest run was around 6 hours, the motor is still strong and never seemed to get hot even. Problem seems to be in the threaded shaft that juts through it. I remember seeing someone say they had the same issue and found a way to replace that rod with a larger one, I'm going to look into that tonight before I take it back. If I get it going again your welcome to use it

no worries. Hopefully I'll have one in a couple of days. Until then, 41mag has offered his. Good luck fixing yours. Perhaps you could return your current tumbler and replace the new one with the larger rod so you wont have the same problem in the future.

FWIW:
Based on a post that I found elsewhere (DKW / Old-timer's Disease / CRS),
I placed a couple of nuts (to lock themselves together) on spindle rod to form a stop on the inside surface of the plastic lid,
then sandwiched the plastic lid between 2" flat washers with a rubber washer (didn't glue them) ... this allows tightening the (plastic) lid without stressing it (which will crack it)
or stress the shaft base ... and provides a noticeable reduction in noise ...

Thank you all for all of the offers to tumble or lend me tumblers. I got it taken locate of, thanks you 41 mag. Ill have it back to you in no time.

Back
Top Bottom