• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Victory!

Now I can claim VICTORY - accuracy and no FTF or pressure signs

6.5 CM Delta5 24" 1/8
Berger 135gr Classic Hunter, IMR4350 39 gr, Lapua LRP - first three rounds I shot just over .5 MOA at 100 yards. Next three fired by my son were within my group! (it is his rifle) Could not be happier for my first. Fired 6 more and created one big hole :)

Berger 130 Hybrid OTM Tactical, W760 38.5 gr, same brass and primers. This group was .75 MOA at 100 yards and almost exactly an inch higher than the the 135s. Still really happy

.308 DD5V1 16" 1/11
Hornady 150 gr FMJBT, IMR4064, Lapua brass - 1.5 MOA at 100 yards, shooting a AR10 is different than a bolt gun. I was a little concerned over the grouping, but two entirely different platforms. Son shot the next three, all magazine fed and repeated my results, but a slight shift to the right. The ejection was around 2:00 - 3:00, but as I started at minimum loads its not surprising. Overall this was good not great, but may good for this rifle.

Barnes 165 gr TTSX, W760 45 grs, same brass and primers - again 1.5 MOA but 1/2 MOA higher than my other group, which I did not expect as they are heavier bullets. So, repeatable and consistent - yes, as accurate as the bolt gun, nope. My son's groupings were similar to mine for both 3 round shots, just a little right.

300 Black Out
I am shooting a DD 10.3 inch build with a Trijicon MRO, my son was shooting a 10.5 BA Hanson with a Burris scope. We moved the target up to 50 yards and used the following. Brass was range pick ups, all S&B

Hornady 150 FMJBT - Accurate 1680 18 grs, Supersonic load. I shot a 2.0 MOA freehand with two 3 shot groups, my son had a scope issue but corrected by aiming point and his second 3 shot group was 2.5 MOA. These weren't planned to be hunting loads, just range super loads to have fun with, so it's all good.

Berry's 220gr Subs - Accurate 1680 11.5 gr, subsonic load. This was weird as my barrel has a 1/8 twist which Berry's said wouldn't stabilize the bullet, but dang, I had 3 nice little bullet holes at a 2 MOA at 50 yards. Repeated twice as it is just fun to shoot subs suppressed. My sons barrel was a 1/7 twist, but his first 3 rounds all keyholed the paper. I need to figure this one out.

So, great day, great feeling, now just need to develop loads for the different rifles. My advice for new loaders (which I am) is to take detailed notes during loading and shooting.

Back
Top Bottom