Video from 2AW shoot at live fire in Kingston

insulinboy

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
36   0
Reaction score
I had a gopro camera head mount and decided I wanted to play with it.. Crappy video from a crappy shooter.. but hey, it was fun :)

I would like to note that the first stage was blind, we were all gathered in a seperate room and after we set down our firearms we were turned around and somebody walked behind us and removed a random number of rounds from our magazines so hitting slide lock was a bit of a surprise lol

Last edited:
You will have better control if you will place your support hand thumb up against the frame & your primary thumb on the knuckle of your support hand with the intent of creating a 360 degree clamp or vise in which to control your gun.

Good for you on going out & not being afraid to shoot in front of others.

You might consider reaching out to a local Instructor & taking a formal class.... you would enjoy & it would help you get your fundamentals dialed in.

I do shoot a lot of matches and actually I did very well today. I would have been top 3 had I not forgot to shoot a target on the second part of the first stage. I am not used to seeing targets at a 45* angle that aren't non threats so it threw me off and I didn't engage it.

Yes open to the public. Live Fire Range in Rome/Kingston

3448 Kingston Hwy SE
Rome, Georgia

With the holidays they aren't going to try and do a match in November or December so the next match wont be until January.

They don't want to risk a light turnout as Jon (the owner of the range) is letting us use it for free and only collecting a $10 range fee from everyone who is shooting the event, since we tie up his range the whole Sunday (he has abbreviated hours on Sunday anyway. the shoot is done in 4 hours generally 2pm-6pm) we want to make sure there are enough there to continue to Justify him shutting down the range for the day for us

Yes open to the public. Live Fire Range in Rome/Kingston

3448 Kingston Hwy SE
Rome, Georgia

With the holidays they aren't going to try and do a match in November or December so the next match wont be until January.

They don't want to risk a light turnout as Jon (the owner of the range) is letting us use it for free and only collecting a $10 range fee from everyone who is shooting the event, since we tie up his range the whole Sunday (he has abbreviated hours on Sunday anyway. the shoot is done in 4 hours generally 2pm-6pm) we want to make sure there are enough there to continue to Justify him shutting down the range for the day for us
Thanks for the info. I am interested in shooting the January shoot! I will try to remember to PM you closer to January.

If you've done a lot of competition shooting before this is done a little different. A lot of the people shooting the event are new to competition and its scored a little different and rules are a little different to make it much more new user friendly and fun. I'm a bottom tier shooter time wise at IDPA's but I'm normally one of the more accurate shots, here I'm one of the faster shooters and still normally one of the better shots as well.

If you're new to IDPA or competition shooting in general this is by far the best group to get started with IMHO. Its just geared to be fun and informal.. More like Thanksgiving touch football in the back yard vs normal IDPA being the super bowl :) everything is still scored for bragging rights but we are really just there to have fun

If you've done a lot of competition shooting before this is done a little different. A lot of the people shooting the event are new to competition and its scored a little different and rules are a little different to make it much more new user friendly and fun. I'm a bottom tier shooter time wise at IDPA's but I'm normally one of the more accurate shots, here I'm one of the faster shooters and still normally one of the better shots as well.

If you're new to IDPA or competition shooting in general this is by far the best group to get started with IMHO. Its just geared to be fun and informal.. More like Thanksgiving touch football in the back yard vs normal IDPA being the super bowl :) everything is still scored for bragging rights but we are really just there to have fun

I just like shooting with some friendly competition. I have shot IDPA in the past, but I like these are held on Sundays!

Back
Top Bottom