• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Video Title: Supreme Court Issues Unanimous Decision Helping To End ATF Tyranny!!! (9:41)

Can you just sum it up. After watching this guy for 4 minutes and listening to him try to shill t shirts for 2 of them, I couldn't take him anymore.
My take on this is basically the SCOTUS is steering away from allowing agencies such as ATF, HHS, HUD etc to make up their own interpretations of the words of the law and the court is reading the actual law and interpreting it themselves. In the case mentioned they say the the agencies interpretation was unreasonable given the wording of the actual law. The problem being that unless someone files a law suit, the agencies will still likely continue with business as usual.

As one of probably two ODT members who has actually read the American Hospital case, may I be the first to say that this guy it totally full of ----- ummmmm - manure.

I hope he never has to bet the ranch on his analysis of the case.

Trying to break down the American Hospital case in simplest terms, Hospitals negotiate with drug companies or drug management companies for favorable prices on drugs. They separately negotiate with the US government, via Medicare for reimbursement for those same drugs. The gov't took the position that it would only reimburse the hospitals at the reduced rate they had individually negotioted with the drug companies.

SCOTUS ruled (UNANIMOUSLY it should be noted), that the reimbursement rate for Medicare for drugs was set out in a statute enacted by Congress, and there was no Congressional authority for Medicate to use another method, i.e. the Hospital's negotiated rates, to substitute for the Congressional mandate. SCOTUS held, consistent with several other recent rulings, that if the reimbursement scheme is to be changed, it is up to Congress to do so. To state, as the video talking head does, that this case somehow represents a new limit of agency authority to interpret legislation is a stretch.

I am not aware of any private entity that has negotiated a deal with gun manufacturers for favorable rates, nor am I aware of any government program that reimburses any private entity for those gun purchases.

To say that these guy is a total douche would be an insult to perfectly usable and necessary female sanitary device, this little dude being neither usable or necessary.

What are the odds chevron vs nrdc gets overturned tomorrow. Don't think most of the justices like it and west Virginia vs epa should be ruled on tomorrow. Hopefully they will at least strip it.

What are the odds chevron vs nrdc gets overturned tomorrow. Don't think most of the justices like it and west Virginia vs epa should be ruled on tomorrow. Hopefully they will at least strip it.

Every justice we have currently has written against Chevron over the years. This would be YUUGE and a big step towards returning to the America we grew up in (if you are old like me). These activist punk bastards we have running all of these overreaching depts of the gov would be toothless!

Every justice we have currently has written against Chevron over the years. This would be YUUGE and a big step towards returning to the America we grew up in (if you are old like me). These activist punk bastards we have running all of these overreaching depts of the gov would be toothless!
Somehow, i get the feeling although all nine justices have published articles criticizing Chevron, some of the liberal justices will support Chevron just because all of the conservative justices want to overturn it.

Sotomayer's dissent in the Kennedy case was borderline bizarre - more of a pop ed piece than a serious judicial opinion. She is widely considered to be the SCOTUS lightweight, and she sure proved it with that opinion.

So we got "major questions" applied as the new standard or doctrine. Looks like it will help strip a lot of power from federal agencies and hopefully even executive orders. Not sure if this will impact the ATF as much as most hoped, maybe not much at all. Will be interesting to see all the new law suits pop up over the next few months and if the federal agencies get a hint and pull back a little.

Back
Top Bottom