• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vietnam in HD a War Documentary

dougiemac

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
119   0
Reaction score
I stumbled across this documentary on YouTube that is absolutely amazing. It's very graphic and does not cover up the ugliness of war with hollywood magic. It's a few hours well worth invested. Many of you may have already seen this on the History Channel or Discovery Channel, e

I recently took a trip to Vietnam this summer and walked where many of these battles took place, floated in a small rickshaw of a woven bamboo haul boat down the river running along side the Ho Chi Minh Trail and explored caves that the Viet Cong used to hide weapons and supplies in 110ºF heat with nearly equal humidity. As the documentary states at the beginning, "it's said that the generation that fought in WWII was the best generation....well every generation that fought in a war was the greatest of their generation." I truly believe that. This documentary will give you perhaps a new or renewed appreciation for the war that was fought in Viet Nam by the brave and often very young men and women, many of which are our fathers, mothers, uncles, aunts, brothers, or perhaps fellow ODT'ers.

Vietnam in HD part 1

Vietnam in HD part 2

Vietnam in HD part 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Extremely powerful stuff... I've made it through volume 1 and I can't wait to start volume 2 sometime tonight.

Ive watched this before. Def very eye opening to see. In HS we had an awesome history teacher that spent the last portion of the year teaching about History of the Vietnam War. Being that he himself was a Vietnam veteran, it was awesome & sad to get the privilege to listen to first hand accounts of his personal experiences. Thanks for posting

Worked the bush in the Mekong, survived the TET (with a couple of PH's) would I do it again? Hell Yes. Best Band of Brothers a Man could ever have. but this time I would have a ducked a little more than last :cool:

Back
Top Bottom