• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Volquartsen on Mark II...

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
I was having horrible FTF and FTE troubles on a Ruger Mark II I picked up used. I am talking this sucker wouldn't feed 4 rounds of federal Champions without messing up.

I did a little web surfing and came across some people who said that the extractor can cause all sorts of issues like this.

So, I picked up one of these:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/36...ger-10-22-10-22-magnum-mark-ii-mark-iii-22-45

This "exact edge" sucker appears to have worked. I have put about 250 rounds through this pistol after replacing the extractor, and so far (knock on wood,) no troubles.

Here is a great vid on an install: (Also a great vid on assembly/disassembly.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQLrSG3MM_U

Excellent part- Get U one!

I need one of these for my 10/22 thanks for the link

Yep-

One thing I forgot to add is that this extractor works for the 10/22 as well (you can use the spring in the box on the 10/22.) You just use only the extractor for the Mark II-and keep the same spring from the pistol.

Last edited:
I need one of these for my 10/22 thanks for the link

I have a brand new 10/22 that was stovepiping alot. After the junk extractor removed itself (yep, it popped out while firing) I replaced it with the Volquartsen. It runs like a freaken clock now! These guys make all sorts of awesome parts for Ruger rimfires. I also installed one of their target hammers and bolt release/catch.

So far my new 22/45 has worked great without any mods. knock on wood.

It always amazes me when you see a gun that someone sells because "It's junk" when really all it needs is some fine tuning and maybe a $10 replacement part.

I have a brand new 10/22 that was stovepiping alot. After the junk extractor removed itself (yep, it popped out while firing) I replaced it with the Volquartsen. It runs like a freaken clock now! These guys make all sorts of awesome parts for Ruger rimfires. I also installed one of their target hammers and bolt release/catch.

So far my new 22/45 has worked great without any mods. knock on wood.

It always amazes me when you see a gun that someone sells because "It's junk" when really all it needs is some fine tuning and maybe a $10 replacement part.

I think the extractor was my only real problem.

The Mark II has seen very little use, and it looks great. Just kinda cheese me off that the factory part was crap, but seems like that is the way of the world these days.

Back
Top Bottom