• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

VP9sk

Semper Gumby

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
129   0
Reaction score
I couldn't find a VP9sk specific thread so figured I'd start one for those who haven't put their hands on one yet. I just picked one up today and took a few pics. Those with the G43 are for size reference. The bummer is that there aren't any holsters out yet that are made specifically for the VP9sk although one could use a standard VP9 holster for the time being or find a P30sk holster that will work but not a perfect fit. billieco billieco Ill be your first customer when you start making them.
IMG_6022.JPG
IMG_6025.JPG
IMG_6026.JPG

How does it compare to Glock 19 or G26?
It's about the same size as a 26. Thicker than a 43. I don't mind a stock Glock trigger, but I MUCH prefer the VP9 trigger, in full size or compact. I've never shot a G26, only a G27, but the VP9SK feels more like a full size pistol than a G26/27.

I put 200 rounds thru it today, all Federal $10/box Wally World special, no hiccups, and recoil was minimal. I'm interested to see what the recoil and function is with a +P carry load. I want to run some Hornady Critical Duty 135 +P thru it and see how that is. That was the round I carried in my G43 when I had it, and it was manageable. Should be even better with a little heavier gun.

Compared to a G26, the VP9 has a better trigger (in my opinion), better grips with the adjustable backstraps and palm swells, paddle mag release, front cocking serrations, and has a rail.

I put a Lobos Industries trigger on mine and the ultra match sear spring and it's even better. Same price point as a G26 and "upgrades" are in line price-wise as one would spend with an aftermarket trigger and connector on a Glock.

Compared to a G26, the VP9 has a better trigger (in my opinion), better grips with the adjustable backstraps and palm swells, paddle mag release, front cocking serrations, and has a rail.

I put a Lobos Industries trigger on mine and the ultra match sear spring and it's even better. Same price point as a G26 and "upgrades" are in line price-wise as one would spend with an aftermarket trigger and connector on a Glock.
Everything you listed is exactly why I bought one. Lol. And why I own two other HKs.

Back
Top Bottom