• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

VZ58 (CAI), 5 mags, sling, and mag pouch $499

I thought ORF is the manufacturer of the receiver that CAI uses and a lot of folks say that receiver is a problem.

ORF went out of business a while ago I think, but I'm guessing CAI bought the design just and is making it in-house. The real CZ-58 has an actual feed ramp, whereas the ORF (and CAI) design just has sort of a 'bump' there to nudge the rounds in the direction of the chamber. It doesn't seem to affect feeding at all, and I've never had a misfeed with anything I've tried after 1K rounds or so.

Like I mentioned, there are dimensional differences, and I had to do some pretty heavy filing to get the radius of the NEA handguard in the pic above to fit at all.

People also seemed to have problems with the ORF FCG occasionally, but so far mine has been flawless. It's got a nice, crisp trigger pull for this type of rifle. My only real complaint, and this is across any vendors build, is that there's no heat shield in the handguards and they get HOT...

I guess the key here is to think of this as the WASR-10 of the CZ-58 world. You want a top-end AK, go to Arsenal. You want a top-end CZ-58, CzechPoint is the place. In both cases get ready to spend a grand or more.

This is their CZ equivalent to the WASR, a budget version for 'the rest of us'...

Well, I gave up waiting and ordered 2 of these....

f1cvz2008x.jpg

...I know two people who will tell you their horror stories...

What was wrong with them? Mine's been fine since day one, although I only have about a thousand rounds through it. If I'm going to have a problem with it later on it would be good to know now...

One day I will save all my pennies and get a 'real' one from Czechpoint though. Until then this 'beater' version will have to do.

Also would like to know the issues they had... I watched every youtube on the VC58, including one in French..... Most very spoke highly of this.

And yes, the Czechpoint versions were considered better than Century

Back
Top Bottom