• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Wall mounted rifle display I just built for an ODT member to put his M1 Garand in

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
My experience is normally with refinishing and repairing antique furniture from the mid 1700's to mid 1900s and this is the first rifle display I have built. I built it completely from scratch out of Aspen, oak and pine. The back board is pine. The front is optical plexiglass built into the frame. I mixed up my own color to get this stain shade. I still have to build the support to hang it on the wall with. That will be a hardwood board the length of this display with a 45 degree bevel and then a separate board with a 45 degree bevel that will mount on the wall. Then he can simply mate up the 2 45 degree angles and it's hung and very sturdy.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• gun display.jpg
    gun display.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 130
  • gun display 4.jpg
    gun display 4.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 120
  • gun display 2.jpg
    gun display 2.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 191
  • gun display 3.jpg
    gun display 3.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
I built this at night after work and it took about 8 to 10 hours of work during one week. The topcoat is a hand rubbed wax I use.

Thanks

I am going to enjoy it. It is hard to believe the time and effort John put into this Masterpiece. I am proud to know him and also proud to be the owner of his 1st or many display cases. Thanks again John-Russ

Back
Top Bottom