Wallet Holster is an AOW

Mp5 briefcases are AOWs with the mp5 attached. But I think it differs if it's an MG inside.
Well I guess that must be the reason they came up with the AOW class. Because I would certainly NOT want to pay $200.00 for anything that didn't go BANG. So from my memory AOW was a $5.00 stamp and covered these oddity type things and pen guns,cane guns etc. But at one time there was a super short 870 pump gun that might have had a 10 or 12" barrel and a 2 round tube. And the company that built them even called them the AOW. And to me that implied it would be a $5.00 stamp. But all the SBR projects I see going on require the normal $200.00 stamp. So what is the difference? Is it because one is a rifle and one a scattergun?

Well I guess that must be the reason they came up with the AOW class. Because I would certainly NOT want to pay $200.00 for anything that didn't go BANG. So from my memory AOW was a $5.00 stamp and covered these oddity type things and pen guns,cane guns etc. But at one time there was a super short 870 pump gun that might have had a 10 or 12" barrel and a 2 round tube. And the company that built them even called them the AOW. And to me that implied it would be a $5.00 stamp. But all the SBR projects I see going on require the normal $200.00 stamp. So what is the difference? Is it because one is a rifle and one a scattergun?
That is right. The smooth bore is the difference. And you can't put a stock on an AOW shotgun

That is right. The smooth bore is the difference. And you can't put a stock on an AOW shotgun
Okay so for the record, you can get one of them cool but virtually useless 12 guage side by side Miami Vice specials for the low low of a $5.00 stamp. Good to know.
So one last question. If you wanted to make your 18" 870 pump a 14" you know flush with the mag tube then that's $200.00,right? I think I'll just find me one of them Cobray 11" side by side 410 derringers. Same cool factor and no hassle from the Man.

Okay so for the record, you can get one of them cool but virtually useless 12 guage side by side Miami Vice specials for the low low of a $5.00 stamp. Good to know. So one last question. If you wanted to make your 18" 870 pump a 14" you know flush with the mag tube then that's $200.00,right? I think I'll just find me one of them Cobray 11" side by side 410 derringers. Same cool factor and no hassle from the Man.
200 to build AOW, 5 dollars to transfer. Flush with the tube on a 870 is 12.5".

Back
Top Bottom