Walmart Ammo Experience

but that doesnt really make you any better unless you shoot it or actually want it

i just want to see prices come down a tad bit or stay where they are and availability to be enough to where someone can stroll in and pick up a box of 50 or 100 before they wanna go plinking. keeping the shelves artificially dry one way or another just kinda sucks

but yes, i would rather see that happen than someone buy it to merely sell to someone else

The store prices won't come down even if the availability gets better. I see a bunch of folks on here complaining that they can't find .22lr ammo at a decent price.
Well, it is out there but you may have to play the same game as the flippers to get it. Once people stop buying form them their prices will come down.
I buy what I shoot. When I see my stash getting low I follow the process in mentioned earlier until I get what I want.
I bought 3 boxes last week and sold 1 to a fellow worker for what I paid. The rest are sitting at the house ready to go to the range.

My favorite experience was a while ago when some dude was in front of me in line and bought 2 boxes of .32 acp defense rounds . That is one of the things I was looking for because I carry my little Beretta in my pocket when I go hiking/ walking with my son and wife. Not a normal caliber so I asked him what he was shooting it out of. He informed me he was just getting it because "they had it". I aked him if I could have one box since there were only 2 , he refused. I assumed he was going to flip it so I asked what he was shooting . He told me 9mm. I asked him if he would trade. Still refused. Offered him $5 cash to hand me a box or $10 for both. Still refused. That stuff was on here for a month and on GON for ever as well. A buddy of mine bought one of the boxes for me ( i knew he would recognize me) for less than the dude paid.:D

The store prices won't come down even if the availability gets better. I see a bunch of folks on here complaining that they can't find .22lr ammo at a decent price.
Well, it is out there but you may have to play the same game as the flippers to get it. Once people stop buying form them their prices will come down.
I buy what I shoot. When I see my stash getting low I follow the process in mentioned earlier until I get what I want.
I bought 3 boxes last week and sold 1 to a fellow worker for what I paid. The rest are sitting at the house ready to go to the range.
i know the price will always be a bit higher, but not 10 cents a round high.

and i dont care how low a flippers price ever gets, i dont do business with folks with that mind set.

like i said i just really want to be able to know that someone with a kid or first time shooter can drive by the store on a saturday afternoon to pick up a few boxes to enjoy the day with. thats why i love shooting more than anything

I gave up on .22 a long time ago. Me and the kids have started cowboy shooting and I can reload .38 for 10 cents a round and run it through pistols and rifles and have just as much fun. I was going to get my son a .22 revolver to practice with but I refuse to pay flipper prices and don't have all day to go stand in line hoping I get there first. I actually have enjoyed shooting my .17 as it is WAY more accurate than any .22 I've ever owned. To hell with flippers of any kind. I order/buy in bulk of 3000 of primers, bullets, and powder so even if my order is back-ordered I don't run out. I can reload enough cartridges in one afternoon to keep us shooting for a week or two. As long as folks continue to purchase from them they will continue to flip ammo. Just STOP paying for overpriced ammo and they'll get tired of it or have to eat it.

I gave up on .22 a long time ago. Me and the kids have started cowboy shooting and I can reload .38 for 10 cents a round and run it through pistols and rifles and have just as much fun. I was going to get my son a .22 revolver to practice with but I refuse to pay flipper prices and don't have all day to go stand in line hoping I get there first. I actually have enjoyed shooting my .17 as it is WAY more accurate than any .22 I've ever owned. To hell with flippers of any kind. I order/buy in bulk of 3000 of primers, bullets, and powder so even if my order is back-ordered I don't run out. I can reload enough cartridges in one afternoon to keep us shooting for a week or two. As long as folks continue to purchase from them they will continue to flip ammo. Just STOP paying for overpriced ammo and they'll get tired of it or have to eat it.

I agree with you, not paying any flippers either. Can you fill me in on what is needed for reloading and where is the best place to purchase equipment and supplies?

I agree with you, not paying any flippers either. Can you fill me in on what is needed for reloading and where is the best place to purchase equipment and supplies?

There are several good please like Midway USA, Cabalas, Hornady, Dillon and others. I would start with Midway as they have one of the best selection around and their prices are good. But you can compare with the others to see who has the best price. Franklins in Athens have a decent selection. No sure where you are located but you might find a local store closer to you.

Back
Top Bottom