• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Walmart Shotguns

jeffrey

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
20   0
Reaction score
Okay so my wife was in walmart and really wanted me to buy her one of these TriStar shotguns for her, mainly because it had some fancy inlay design on the silver metal parts of the gun. I have never heard of the brand TriStar though.. anyone know anything about them?

I got a HD style Tri Star with the spring assisted pump (which I removed) for my step son to shoot about a year ago. It is a nice little shotgun. It shoots everything great except for Remington target loads. When you pump it it will extract the spent shell and sometimes will let an extra shell come out of the magazine, again this is ONLY with the Remington target loads. I have compared those particular shells to other brands and they seem to have a smaller lip on them and the magazine will just let one randomly slip passed and double feed, which is a little bit of a pain to push the second shell back into the magazine. I just don't buy those shells anymore and it runs perfectly. I would definitely recommend them especially if you just want something different that the standards in that price point.

They are made in Turkey, come with a five year warranty and use Benelli/Beretta choke tubes. I have one,seems to be a pretty good shooter but only time will tell.

I think they are 199.99 but they aren't as cool looking , I've had two mavericks which have worked just as good as a 500 so far.

Back
Top Bottom