Hunter
Reaction score
Item Name: FT WANTED .38 Defense Ammo for wife

Zip Code: 30276

Item is for: Trade Only

Trade Value or Items Looking For: .38 defense ammo

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: After 4+ years of my urging my wife to make use of her carry permit, she has finally agreed to carry. (Probably has something to do with guys following her a couple times recently).

I recently bought her a S&W 642 but am having a heck of a time finding some defense ammo for it. Based on my research, I'd really like to find some Speer Gold Dot .38 Special +P 135 grn but can't find any anywhere. Ideally that's what I'm looking for but am open to other options. Heck, I'll buy five rounds, just so she has the right ammo, until I can find a box or two.

Let me know if you can help. Thanks all and God bless.

Pictures:
1390170958_0.jpg

out of a snub nose i would go with non +p ammo, the barrel being so short would make it feel better for her to shoot with the non+p

look at eh hornady critical defense, just my opinion though

out of a snub nose i would go with non +p ammo, the barrel being so short would make it feel better for her to shoot with the non+p

look at eh hornady critical defense, just my opinion though

This. After shooting it once, I don't know that she'd shoot it twice.

What my wife shoots and loves it. They carry it at Academy

+1

Thanks for the responses all. I use Corbon in my G19 but considering my wife's shooting style/strength, recoil, muzzle flash, etc etc has kind of thrown me for a loop, as to what to look for. Dakota, you have a good point about +P so it really comes down to what provides the best stopping power with the least recoil/flash.

There are more opinions than options out there and one can get pretty confused at to "the best" when trying to research.

i looked hard at the Hornady Critical Defense Lite but it seems there's a large consensus of thought that the round fails to expand as it should. One example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98FYy29WGlA&sns=em

I appreciate the great thoughts, and the PM's...I guess I'm still figuring out the best option....keep the info coming.

thanks again. -Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom