• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WARNING AT&T/DIRECTV CUSTOMERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the heads up. It's a shame that the telephone companies can't do more to stop these BS calls from happening when everyone else knows whats up. I've probably blocked over 30 different numbers in the few months trying to sell everything under the moon and back.

And by calling back you just got added to 200 more lists because it's now an 'active' number.

If you answer these calls the best thing you can do is simply interrupt their spiel, tell them this number is on the Do Not Call registry, and to take them off your list. If they call back they are risking $100K fine per call.

If you aren't in the registry, you got no one to blame but yourself...

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0133-cell-phones-and-do-not-call-registry

Thanks for the heads up. It's a shame that the telephone companies can't do more to stop these BS calls from happening when everyone else knows whats up. I've probably blocked over 30 different numbers in the few months trying to sell everything under the moon and back.

The phone company have nothing to do with these calls. They are made using computer over the internet. These are spoofed numbers using IP addressing. But I do agree something needs to be done with these scammers.
I got an email from BellSouth Account Team telling me I needed to “click” here to reset my password. I checked the senders email address and it came from AOL account. BellSouth Account Team went away in 2009. Scammers aren’t even smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom