• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Warning........Received

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OP posted nothing more than GLWS in the midst of a string of comments that were dogpiling that particular user's thread. Whether intended that way or not, it was construed as sarcastic and removed. And he didn't get a warning, he got a rules reminder with no points.

I honestly don't know what more clarification you could want. Don't post GLWS, or anything else for that matter, that may get taken as negative or sarcastic. OS can chime in here if he wants, but he's going to tell you exactly the same thing.

So to clarify, once and for all, I CAN use GLWS/GLWT......however, I need to be make sure it's perceived as a positive comment by any common standard and in no way could be interpreted as negative one......correct?

VHinch did clarify that GLWS is not banned term and can be used in a positive manner. The reason I was confused was because some were saying that GLWS could not be used at all in an ad. Which, as it turned out, was not the case. The rules specifically applies to "sarcastic" GLWS comments. Despite what some believe, most of the members here know the rules. It became very apparent to me that some in charge are not really clear on the use of GLWS. Hopefully, those in charge will learn from VHinch's clarification. Which is really just the same rule we have had for....maybe 4 years, I don't know. Here is how the rule reads. Oh, and the popcorn imogee and smilies are part of the rules.

Continue using GLWS comments in ads if they are not sarcastic. I am.

Do not make negative comments in other people’s threads

***This rule has been expanded to include popcorn smilies, sarcastic GLWS comment, etc.

Exactly....no offense to Ken Ford Ken Ford but I was confused which led to my frustration because of this post.....

upload_2016-11-1_23-6-21.png
upload_2016-11-1_23-6-21.png

Ken Ford Ken Ford I've always wondered, do you do your own art work?
Nah, he's a speed demon. But I do know his source for some of them. It's a closely guarded secret that only friends of AEN know.

As for GLWS, the easiest thing to do would be to stay out of the ads unless it's an item specific question. Not that I always practice what I'm preaching. But I see the spirit of the rule.

And BTW, this isn't an ad thread. You can be as sarcastic as you like, at least till the hats come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom