• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Was playing with loading today. It worked.

OIP.tVZXvdZcaymi3RRX1u27GgHaJ4

I used .223 sizing die to size .380 brass, used the 9mmdies to bell mouth and insert bullet. used a 9mm taper crimp die for crimp. It worked great. I was worried about it chambering properly, but did perfect. Wallacem

Just trying to understand: You're doing this because you don't have a set of 380 dies?

In the absence of 380 dies, it's a great idea. But I'd hate to mess up the depth settings on my 223 and 9mm dies unless I had no other choice, or it was a one time thing.

I used .223 sizing die to size .380 brass, used the 9mmdies to bell mouth and insert bullet. used a 9mm taper crimp die for crimp. It worked great. I was worried about it chambering properly, but did perfect. Wallacem
Heck yeah! I like your style. Got the results required with what was available.

I was just playing. I don't have a 380 anymore, don't have any dies, and was talking to a friend yesterday that said he is buying his wife a 380, and needed some ammo. I have a bag or 380 brass so I was checking this to tell him that he can do the same thing imediately until he can get some dies.

Another little reloading hint for those of you with a Kahr CW45 pistol. Every Kahr 45 I have seen seems to have a tight chamber. Most have an issue with reloads. I reloaded as usual and then I ran the finished reload thru my 444 sizing die. Made it just right for the Kahr chamber. Wallace

Back
Top Bottom