• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Washington Post front page article on the Hearing Protection Act

Probably going to be a hard sell. Movies and TV have scared the sheeple by showing bad guys firing weapons with a "silencer" the size of a roll of lifesavers. Only sound is like a mouse fart, no noise from slide action or brass hitting floor. (Slide lock?)
I would like to have one of those revolver silencers, though! LMAO

I`ve never understood the fad of having suppressors. I have never wanted one.

I don't know, and have never met, a single serious firearms enthusiast and regular visitor to gun ranges who doens't have noticeable hearing loss. I do, and have had all my life. Now, I'll admit that a few times, I've shot centerfire guns a limited number of rounds without hearing protection. I never used ear protection for .22 rifles outdoors, but did use plugs or muffs for shooting .22LR pistols.

Silencers aren't just for Walter Mitty type armchair commandos that envision themselves on a Delta Force mission with Chuck Norris, taking out terrorists or drug warlords. They're practical and useful tools to make guns more suitable for use by people. Just like mufflers on cars and lawn mowers and leaf blowers.

I've owned every kind of NFA-restricted weapon that the law recognizes, but only the silencers are the ones where the novelty just doesn't wear off, and you don't take them to the range primarily to "show off" for others.

I`ve never understood the fad of having suppressors. I have never wanted one.
Your neighbors sure appreciate you having them. I find that I shoot far more often, now that I can step out in the backyard and go thru a brick of 22LR without disturbing other people.
My kids are more likely to shoot, if it is not "loud and scary".

I don't know, and have never met, a single serious firearms enthusiast and regular visitor to gun ranges who doens't have noticeable hearing loss. I do, and have had all my life. Now, I'll admit that a few times, I've shot centerfire guns a limited number of rounds without hearing protection. I never used ear protection for .22 rifles outdoors, but did use plugs or muffs for shooting .22LR pistols.

Silencers aren't just for Walter Mitty type armchair commandos that envision themselves on a Delta Force mission with Chuck Norris, taking out terrorists or drug warlords. They're practical and useful tools to make guns more suitable for use by people. Just like mufflers on cars and lawn mowers and leaf blowers.

I've owned every kind of NFA-restricted weapon that the law recognizes, but only the silencers are the ones where the novelty just doesn't wear off, and you don't take them to the range primarily to "show off" for others.

I've never had one but sure as hell would like the right to buy one without Government interference.

Sounds good to me as long as they don't make them mandatory.
I like to hear my hunting partner when his rifle goes off a half mile away.
unless he's using subsonic ammo, you'll still hear a suppressed rifle at half a mile. The sonic crack carries about as far as the noise of a regular .22lr rifle.

Back
Top Bottom