• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wasr

$500 . No more no less. Not traveling. Sights straight. Good AK. Have a truck project to finish.

Attachments

• 20170913_205349.jpg
    20170913_205349.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 47
I paid $499 for my WASR from Classic Firearms which was running a promo with Tapco on magazines; one metal mag came with the rifle and got a super deal on 5 Tapcos which brought the invoice to $535. I later spent $60 with Krebbs Customs to replace the safety to one with lock-open feature and the paper clip shepherd's hook with a robust one made from stamped steel. I never got use to the short stock, so I put on an ATI Strike Force which made the rifle a side folder, installed a buffer, and bought a scope mount. It shoots well and has straight sights, but my go to rifle would still be an AR.

I have gotten the Credit card out at this point. Guess I was dreaming of a $450 to $500 wasr.
I get it completely. Prices on some things are way over inflated while other guns are under water. Like right now I have a M70AB2 under folder that is great for what it is. It's my first and only under folder. But I really want another fixed stock ALL wood and steel AK. Seriously the M70 is the heaviest gun I own and it ain't even a milled received.But it's really cool! I wouldn't trade it for 3 factory built ARs.
Not sure what happened to the WASR prices but damn... Just damn!

You can get complete Russian furniture sets for $70-90 bucks now on the akforum marketplace. It's only worth what you can buy it for now.

By refinished do you mean you had the wood refinished or the rifle repainted?

Attachments

• IMG_0750.JPG
    IMG_0750.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0751.JPG
    IMG_0751.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0752.JPG
    IMG_0752.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0753.JPG
    IMG_0753.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 33
I agree. It's only worth what it costs now. I had the rifle refinished "re painted" and had the furniture installed. Just made a "decent" gun look better. I agree with another's post about tapco not adding value. Compared to what others were asking for wasrs I thought mine was a fair price for what was done to it.

Back
Top Bottom