• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Watch this is you run trail cams

Higher up in the tree and not directly on a trail. Try to set up natural obstructions to deter them from walking up to the camera. My primary camera is set up on a sapling in the middle of a brush pile.

I use video mode all the time.

The deer become quite accustomed to it and it don't bother them at all although I had one big antlered buck pop into view and right back out and never came back again but this was last season when the batchelors groups were running together.
I kinda get sick of the video because it takes so many videos of one deer if they hang around enough and I had 377 15 second videos of roughly the same ten deer.
I caught a pretty big red fox and numerous videos of deer interacting with raccoons and watching the raccoons play and fight is hilarious.
I have one vid of a deer stomping to run off a raccoon and it bolted.
Videos are definitely where it's at....and it's cool to see them looking back knowing more deer are coming.
Note when a deer looks back chances are great more deer are behind and on their way.....and if they get nervous and start walking away after looking back then chances are it's a bigger, scarier deer.

Back
Top Bottom