• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

We’ve come full circle with washing machines

The side loaders don’t do so well with heavily soiled,( work clothes), nor does the last new set of top loader & dryer purchased in 2015 at the old house.

Ive got a 20 year old Kenmore set that keeps getting rebuilt but Speed Queen will be the final replacement when the old faithfuls can no longer be rebuilt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We bought the TC5 several years back. It is the no frills top loader that really washes and FILLS UP WITH WATER and really love it. A great HD machine.

First house in 1992, bought a Kenmore top load. Worked fine for 15+ years. Gave up the ghost. Replaced it with a Whirlpool front load. The front load was the best cleaning clothes washer I've ever seen. Unfortunately, the front rubber door surround was prone to mold and mildew, which is why a lot of folks don't like front loaders. It's a chore to clean it.

Left that one behind when we sold the house. Next was an agitator-less Samsung top loader in 2017. Other than a recall for reinforcement to keep the high speed spin from tearing the machine apart with heavy loads, it's been 100% reliable. Cleans fairly well. Not as well as an agitator model, definitely not as well as a front loader. But livable. It'll wash a helluva lot of clothes at once. More than the dryer can handle.

Our Samsung top load works good at getting clothes clean, but I had to replace the suspension rods after a little over a year. Thing would throw an unbalance load error and stop.

We had a side load that was weighted with bricks like a poster above mentioned when I was in Russia: it got off it’s axis one night & walked out into the main room before we could get it shut off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We’ve gone from the olden days of a scrub board and manual labor to get your clothes clean. Then 50 years of electric models that actually cleaned for you. Now we’re making washers that dont even tumble the clothes. Agitator-less models. How do these models even sell? I just got my first from a friend who upgraded. What a pile of trash. What are the rest of the Odts wives using? We mainly wanted the larger 5’ models for oversize blankets and bedding but the one I got cant even agitate a load of T shirts. Another genius idea from our government Im sure..
Look
We’ve gone from the olden days of a scrub board and manual labor to get your clothes clean. Then 50 years of electric models that actually cleaned for you. Now we’re making washers that dont even tumble the clothes. Agitator-less models. How do these models even sell? I just got my first from a friend who upgraded. What a pile of trash. What are the rest of the Odts wives using? We mainly wanted the larger 5’ models for oversize blankets and bedding but the one I got cant even agitate a load of T shirts. Another genius idea from our government Im sure..
look what the government has done to gas cans. 50 years ago we got a can of gas and used a funnel. Nowadays I can pizz way more than I can pour out of the safety spouts. When I get a new one I chunk the spout and grab a funnel. BTW….the plastic cap on an LP tank for a forklift fist most 5 gallon gas cans.
You can thank me later.
Wash on !!!!

File that sentiment right under “Who the F*** invented “the low-flow toilet? “ That guy was a real sick bastard.

Back
Top Bottom