• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

We need hard drives and memory

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Reaction score
I'm in need of hard drives and memory chips from desk top computers from around 04 forward. I believe they're sometimes referred to as gen 2 style. We will buy them for cash or trade surplus ammo cans. Message me here or call/text 478 733 2873. Thanks

That is a curious request. For the memory or RAM, you have to be way more specific and Gen 2 is not really a thing. There different Pin counts for different system bus, capacity, latency, error correction, etc. and all of this matters. Also, some types can only be used in matched pairs.
Hard drives are way easier and you can still buy old stock. Probably need 3.5in IDE, or maybe SATA. These do not last forever so it really matters what you reliability expectations are unless you get them new.

That is a curious request. For the memory or RAM, you have to be way more specific and Gen 2 is not really a thing. There different Pin counts for different system bus, capacity, latency, error correction, etc. and all of this matters. Also, some types can only be used in matched pairs.
Hard drives are way easier and you can still buy old stock. Probably need 3.5in IDE, or maybe SATA. These do not last forever so it really matters what you reliability expectations are unless you get them new.
SATA sounds familiar. I'm going around to the shop in a little while. I'll post pics of the towers sitting around there everywhere.

yah depending on what all exactly you need i may be able to get some. we toss old computers at my office on an almost weekly basis

Yep, your memory will be sized by pin and DDR type.

Probably only 1 or 2 GB of Ram, the older 32 bit OS's could not use more than 4 GB or rem.

Got any use for these?

100_5665.JPG

Back
Top Bottom