Wearing a Harness

I sleep in my tree stand. So a harness is a must have.

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone that's had to deal with fall protection, I reccomend some type of fall suppression system. If available for hunting I'd look into one that has the lanyard that reduces the shock of the fall. Even if its just something to keep you tethered in to your stand, its better than an unexpected fall. I've seen what a 6' fall can do, and its not pretty. It takes you a second to realize your falling, and by them its too late.

Did you know that you can die from hanging upright in a harness for over 5 minutes?
I'd be happy to have that extra 5 minutes to figure out what to do next. Make sure you get a quality one that is comfortable. You should also wear it all the way up and down the tree. You will get use to it after a while and it will be second nature. I've been wearing one for years and just was able to influence my buddies recently to start wearing them.

My butt don't leave the ground without being harnessed. Read too many stories on guys falling out of tree stands, plus I tend to sleep a lot in the stand.

I'd be happy to have that extra 5 minutes to figure out what to do next. Make sure you get a quality one that is comfortable. You should also wear it all the way up and down the tree. You will get use to it after a while and it will be second nature. I've been wearing one for years and just was able to influence my buddies recently to start wearing them.

Just letting the dude know that if he can not get the weight off his legs "hanging from a harness" quickly he could die.

Did you know that could happen?

I didnt till about a year ago.

i have a bad habit of not using a harness because it is impossible to shoot my bow wearing it. i probably should since i like to run my climber about 45 feet up.

Just letting the dude know that if he can not get the weight off his legs "hanging from a harness" quickly he could die.

Did you know that could happen?

I didnt till about a year ago.
the hunter safety vest has a strap that if you fall out of your treestand it hooks to the back of your vest and the bottom of the strap you put your foot in to use to stand up with(hard to explain)the hunters vest comes with a DVD explaining how it works and how you use it.

Back
Top Bottom