Weekend Ride in the Mountains

Nice weekend for a ride. Saturday took my Gold Wing up to Chatsworth to Fort Mountain State Park to Ellijay and back to Kennesaw. On a scenic overlook two sheriffs deputies had 8 to 10 bikes pulled over. Waved as I went by.

No chicken strips on my Kumho rear tire. But it does the job when passing bikes with loud pipes when the need arises.

Nice weekend for a ride. Saturday took my Gold Wing up to Chatsworth to Fort Mountain State Park to Ellijay and back to Kennesaw. On a scenic overlook two sheriffs deputies had 8 to 10 bikes pulled over. Waved as I went by.

No chicken strips on my Kumho rear tire. But it does the job when passing bikes with loud pipes when the need arises.

We normally ride Fort Mountain. Reading this I'm glad we didn't last weekend since we normally fly up that road.

Oh yea Fort Mountain down to Chatsworth is an awesome ride.
There use to be a hotel and restaurant at the top that had a killer brunch, they had like a 5 star cook in that place that would stand out near the food and disappear when more was needed. They never ran out of anything and it was always warm and ready to eat. Wasn't cheap if I recall...

There's also a spot coming down where if you work it just right, you can turn the bike off and coast just about all the way into town. You have to take the turns pretty fast and there's one corner if you brake at all you can't make it.

Yea, maybe someday we'll get all the bikes together for a ride. We talk about it now and then, we just haven't done it - yet.....

I just remembered the name it was the Cohutta Lodge.....

Back
Top Bottom