• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weird stuff...

lostchild

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Protector of the 100 acre wood
68   0
Reaction score
Wife and I were over at a friend’s house recently. Knowing I was a gun person, she said she’d been given a 9mm pistol for home defense (she is a novice shooter) and would I take a look at it.
Brings out the gun case opens it up, very clean S&W Shield. OK, but... it’s a .40 S&W caliber. Both mags fully loaded in .40, but 2 full boxes of 9mm reloads also came in case with gun. WTF.
Explained caliber difference and proper ammo for her weapon.
Took the unknown reloads (mixed brass and bullet types/weights) and trashed them.
Now I’ve got to pick up some .40 and get her to the range to see if she can properly run and accurately shoot the gun.
Wish I knew the story behind the ammo mix-up, bet it’s a knee-slapper.

Wife and I were over at a friend’s house recently. Knowing I was a gun person, she said she’d been given a 9mm pistol for home defense (she is a novice shooter) and would I take a look at it.
Brings out the gun case opens it up, very clean S&W Shield. OK, but... it’s a .40 S&W caliber. Both mags fully loaded in .40, but 2 full boxes of 9mm reloads also came in case with gun. WTF.
Explained caliber difference and proper ammo for her weapon.
Took the unknown reloads (mixed brass and bullet types/weights) and trashed them.
Now I’ve got to pick up some .40 and get her to the range to see if she can properly run and accurately shoot the gun.
Wish I knew the story behind the ammo mix-up, bet it’s a knee-slapper.
She’s going to have a handful with that fohtay. I’d trade her out for a 9mm or maybe even .380.

Post titled "weird stuff" and starts out about hubby and wife going over to a lady friends. My sick dark mind was thinking ( hell, hoping for) something else...

Joking aside, good thing she asked some one knowledgeable to check it out. I cant help but wonder about whoever gave her this gun/ info.

Back
Top Bottom