welfare drug testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

spar1790

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
108   0
Reaction score
Only 49 more states to go! Hooray for Florida !

I-95 and I-75 will be jammed for the next month or so with druggies and deadbeats heading North out of Florida , because this is the first state in the union to require drug testing to receive welfare!

Hooray for Florida ! In signing the new law, Republican Gov. Rick Scott said, "If Floridians want welfare, they better make sure they are drug-free."

Applicants must pay for the drug test, but are reimbursed if they test drug-free. Applicants who test positive for illicit substances, won't be eligible for the funds for a year, or until they undergo treatment. Those who fail a second time will be banned from receiving funds for three years!

Naturally, a few people are crying this is unconstitutional.
How is this unconstitutional? It's a legal requirement that every person applying for a job has to pass drug tests in order to get the job, why not those who receive welfare?

Let's get welfare back to the ones who need it, not to those who won't get a job.
I AGREE, DO YOU?

I honestly just wish they would stop giving out EBT cards. 50 pound bags of rice and beans will last people a long time and would have practically zero street value so there would be little incentive to game the system. Eating that crap everyday would encourage them to start paying for their own food too.

Great post!

Keep your fingers crossed Georgia can do the same thing!

But honest, mr caseworker, I don't smoke that funny weed but I hang out with those that do...

I honestly just wish they would stop giving out EBT cards. 50 pound bags of rice and beans will last people a long time and would have practically zero street value so there would be little incentive to game the system. Eating that crap everyday would encourage them to start paying for their own food too.

I'm Asian I would love if they have me 50lbs of rice lol
But I do agree with you.

I honestly don't see how it's unconstitutional either considering welfare isn't a constitutional right. If you don't want to be drug tested then pay for your own crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom