• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

welfare drug testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly just wish they would stop giving out EBT cards. 50 pound bags of rice and beans will last people a long time and would have practically zero street value so there would be little incentive to game the system. Eating that crap everyday would encourage them to start paying for their own food too.

and grits you have to think about breakfast

they should drug test anyone before they collect welfare or any other form of government assistance

and grits you have to think about breakfast

they should drug test anyone before they collect welfare or any other form of government assistance

I don't think drug testing would be necessary if they weren't so generous with the benefits. 50 pound bag of rice and beans for food and a 10x10 room with bunk beds for housing and I bet people would find ways to make it on their own pretty quick

Another step in our o so effective war on drugs. Hooray big government! Local governments are stretched as it is, so doing it randomly would be practically impossible. So it would be on a schedule, and a lot of drugs can clear your system in days. It's just a waste of money IMO.

The actual winners are the detox companies. They have already tested this out... not the results you would expect.

"Of the 4,086 applicants who scheduled drug tests while the law was enforced, 108 people, or 2.6 percent, failed, most often testing positive for marijuana. The numbers, confirming previous estimates, show that taxpayers spent $118,140 to reimburse people for drug test costs, at an average of $35 per screening.
The state's net loss? $45,780."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts...testing-welfare-recipients-data-shows/1225721

The Clinton Welfare Reform Act required anyone filing for assistance to have a JOB. Obama, just before the elections, issued and Executive Order removing that requirement. He will probably issue an Executive Order in an attempt to override the FL drug testing law as well.

The Clinton Welfare Reform Act required anyone filing for assistance to have a JOB. Obama, just before the elections, issued and Executive Order removing that requirement. He will probably issue an Executive Order in an attempt to override the FL drug testing law as well.

We (Americans) need to write an Executive Order to get him out! Kuddos to FL!

So drug tests to ensure those receiving government aid aren't cracked out good-for-nothings is unconstitutional yet stripping citizens of their right to bear arms and giving secret service the right to declare zones as "felony-1A areas" isn't unconstitutional?
More liberal, left wing bull ****.

I'm proud of florida for doing this, hopefully other states (including GA) will follow suite!

How about this idea? We save money and motivate deadbeat parents at the same time.

A Republican state senator in Tennessee defended controversial legislation that would tether welfare payments to a child’s performance in school, even calling the proposal a potential national model to break families out of “generations of poverty.”

The proposal would reduce temporary financial assistance payments to qualifying families by 30% if children fail to achieve certain academic standards. Bashir repeatedly asked the Republican lawmaker to justify the logic behind a plan that would place a family’s well-being on the shoulders of a child already at a socioeconomic disadvantage. “How is a child of age five supposed to carry that burden for the family’s finances when the child has no control over the circumstances in which it’s living?”

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/01/29/tie-...s-grades-lawmaker-defends-controversial-plan/

I agree, but hopefully we won't have deadbeat floridians streaming accross to GA to get welfare here. some of that is going to happen. I hope this state does it also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom