• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well boys... I got Infantry as my Officer Basic Branch.

Was it in your top three? What were your other picks?

Remember those days. 1. Aviation, 2. MP, 3. Infantry. Got MP...

Congrats and thanks for your service.

The only problem I see is the rucks, Im only 5'6 so humping a 54 pound sack is going to be murder at iBOLC and ranger

For every disadvantage your size may have there will also be advantages. Audie Murphy was what? 5'4"? The Marines said he was too small. <--Ha. Yeah I agree carrying that 54 lbs will be a burden but I also know that if you were not cut out for it you would not be there. Some of the toughest, bravest soldiers the world has ever known were infantry, paratroopers, special forces, etc. that were smaller than you are.

If you are a reader you should pick up a copy of "The Filthy Thirteen" and read about that bunch, especially their leader, Jake McNiece. His antics and heroics are legendary. His stick made such an impact during the Battle of the Bulge they helped win the war. And he was not a big man (physically) at all. It sure didn't matter. He was a fighting dude.

Best of luck to you and thanks for your service.

Happy, Hell yes! Nervous? If you weren't you'd be Crazy! lol When I was in basic doing Land Nav we had Rangers doing NCO courses. Most bad ass guys Ive ever met.

Just remember, It's a "Job Interview" Ranger school is a School of Leadership! Make sure you take your alpha Attitude and the willingness to be a team player and lead when the others fail to do so and maybe just maybe someone might notice and put your name in the hat to go for the second interview for Operational Detachment Delta!! If that's what you want but while your there you might as well try!!! it only happens once in a lifetime..... Good luck and and listen to the Cadre there only there to help you complete the coarse...

Back
Top Bottom