• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well Pump.....

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with a hand-operated pump for a bored water well with a depth of 35'?

I see a whole lot of them online, but don't know beans about hand pumps. I just gather that you need a decent quality one to pump from that depth.

Thx

You get tired of pumping very quickly. Recommend electrical pump; unless you are on remote property away from electricity.

search the forum. Someone had a neat pump system on here recently that he installed. Also had attachments for an electric pump he was using a solar panel to power it. I'll see if I can find it.

That's my well project...I plan to order that 12 volt motor here in the near future...I found a food grade 330 gallon water tote, now all I'm lacking is to put all this together and try it out! Once I perfect all this, we plan to dig another well up at the hunting club and do the same thing there...all solar power!

Seriously, there is a bucket system that works also. The bucket is long and has a plunger at the bottom. This plunger releases the water when compressed.
We had friends who used one and it really works, but it is a lot of work. You get about 3 gallons at a time.

Seriously, there is a bucket system that works also. The bucket is long and has a plunger at the bottom. This plunger releases the water when compressed.
We had friends who used one and it really works, but it is a lot of work. You get about 3 gallons at a time.

That sounds interesting, do you have a link or more info on it? Thanks

That sounds interesting, do you have a link or more info on it? Thanks

lehmans.com (galvanized well bucket)
ebay (4" cylinder torpedo water well bucket)
also check for pvc or teflon test buckets
You can google "water well bucket" and see pictures.

Good luck

ps You might also check with Tractor Supply

Back
Top Bottom