• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well, that sucked.

Glad to hear you made it back in one piece and didn't get skunked.

I watched Fox five weather the night prior and the early the next day, stayed out until 11:30 then headed back and missed a few rain drops. The bad weather didn't hit us until later that evening. Fox weather was spot on with the hourly report.

Man that was no fun but let me tell you my experience :)
Me and my wife decided that we can spend the afternoon of the wedding day snorkeling. We got maried on the beach in Big Island of Hawaii in the morning and decided for what everyone said "the best snorkeling spot in Hawaii - Captain Cook's Monument" for the afternoon. So we drove there once the official business was done and rented a kayak for two, got the vests, and the snorkeling gear and started paddling for the monument. The storm hit out of the perfect blue sky when we got at the monument and were getting the snorkeling gear on. All the vulcanic rocks on the shore were crazy sharp and since we were not planing to spend the wedding night at the emergency room or worst we got back in the kayak and started the almost 2 miles trip back to the ramp thru the pouring rain. Half way in the paddling it got so foggy and dark that we could not see the shore only the lights at the ramp. Then one of the nicest things happent. Out of nowhere a bunch of dolphins came like 2-3 feet from the kayak and swim along until we got close to the ramp. We even got to pet one of them :)
One day i'll go back to snorkel there but trust me i'll take the hike there. :)

Back
Top Bottom