Went out this morning.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
I decided to go out this morning To the ladder of doom.

Well....the big bodied 6 point I've been watching in my camera finally let me see him in person.
He followed My scent trail in
, offered an amazing broadside for me.
Sniffed the ground, circled
My ladder , stopped st
My ladder, looked up my ladder while sniffing, offered me another incredible
Broadside then disappeared
Under some Leafy branches And
slinked away in total stealth mode.
And the whole Time I'm saying to myself "Mother effer....now
Friggin way.....mother effer."
.......all because I busted that spike already so that's what I get for shooting the bigger "doe" in last available hunting light.
Dang it!...that would have been alotm of meat......oh
Well Maybe next year.

He made his rounds and I saw him walking the knoll in different areas three different times this morning.....totally
Silent.

I decided to go out this morning To the ladder of doom.

Well....the big bodied 6 point I've been watching in my camera finally let me see him in person.
He followed My scent trail in
, offered an amazing broadside for me.
Sniffed the ground, circled
My ladder , stopped st
My ladder, looked up my ladder while sniffing, offered me another incredible
Broadside then disappeared
Under some Leafy branches And
slinked away in total stealth mode.
And the whole Time I'm saying to myself "Mother effer....now
Friggin way.....mother effer."
.......all because I busted that spike already so that's what I get for shooting the bigger "doe" in last available hunting light.
Dang it!...that would have been alotm of meat......oh
Well Maybe next year.

He made his rounds and I saw him walking the knoll in different areas three different times this morning.....totally
Silent.

Good job brother. Too many people would not have resisted the temptation. You will be rewarded. Stay patient. You will get a shot at a big un this year.

I hope So.

It seems to be my luck as if the deer know just how to mess with me.
I probably could have taken a dump from my tree and a whole batchelor group of hulking bodied six pointers would have danced around my tree....haha.

We have one of those big 6 points again this year as well. He was seen on numerous occasions by one member of our lease in particular, after he had already shot a lesser buck.
You will be rewarded for your restraint, I'm sure of it.

Getting ready to try to head down and hunt the afternoon if the wind doesn't get up too much. We hunt with a lake to our back and wind is always a challenge. If it gets up much, I've seen leaves go by almost horizontally on some of my stands. Of course, it is blowing from my back. I keep seeing deer in the late afternoon driving into work, so I guess they are still moving in the heat.

I've been seeing single bucks when I come home from work at 0400 to 0630 in different places. I haven't seen the neighborhood big boy yet (last year he was a great 8 with long tines); but I have seen the spikes, 4's, and 1 six cruising around. Hoping to get my first with a stick this year.

Back
Top Bottom