• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Went to the honey hole today and caught these, what are they ?

Pickerel are different from northern Pike. The pictures TLW has are northern pike. Pickerel have a different rounded snout while pike have the flat snout. There are several kinds of pickerel but most only inhabit Northern waters. Pike are not uncommon as long as they can feed and the water stays cool enough for them to live in.

Let those pups grow a bit and then catch them again.

Muskey range all over the U.S. and in some states legal size is 50". That is what they were in IL when I was living there. My dad has an ice fishing record northern on Saratoga lake in upstate NY, at least he did before we moved. Those fish if they have the proper conditions can grow to up 50#'s

You can filet them rather easily by laying them on theie stomach and cut down behind the head to the back bone and then turn blade flat and follow back bone to the dorsal fin then turn blade up. you will have a filet with no y bones in it. next turn the fish on side and start cut behind the dorsal fin and run blade to the tail and then turn up. you will end uo with 3 filets with no bones in them.
the bigger the fish the easier it is.

Jackfish is what that is I catch them on spinner baits all day in Houston lake near perry ga. Also known as a chain pickerel look it up in regulations book 2011 they have those distinct little white squares on em and the teeth def a jack

Back
Top Bottom