• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

West GA Precision 22 First PRS Rimfire match May 20th

Buy once cry once. Best advice I can give lol
I'm thinking of trying to stay in production class to start. Thinking if I want to upgrade, I would be able to recoup most of my money on the gun and reuse the optics on another. Big thoughts now are between the Savage MK ii with a $300 retail I could get a $1k scope or a RPR22 with a $620 retail leaves $680 for optics. Decisions, decisions. I also need to train and practice and study fundamentals.

I'm thinking of trying to stay in production class to start. Thinking if I want to upgrade, I would be able to recoup most of my money on the gun and reuse the optics on another. Big thoughts now are between the Savage MK ii with a $300 retail I could get a $1k scope or a RPR22 with a $620 retail leaves $680 for optics. Decisions, decisions. I also need to train and practice and study fundamentals.
Nothing wrong with staying in production class if you want to but I wouldn’t let the constraints of it dictate what you buy if it’s not what you really want. While both of those rifles will work they’ll likely not be the best rifles in the end and you’d wind up buying something different in the future anyway. A CZ is going to be a better option for a production rifle and has a ton of aftermarket support as well if you want to upgrade it. Buy whatever fits within your budget and be happy even if it doesn’t fit within production that won’t be a big deal.

The only CZs I've seen have WAY to pretty a wood stock for me to start jamming it into a barricade:), I've found some nice optics but their retail is over what I can spend.
Athlon Element Busnell and Arken come to mind for optics ..

I did the minimalist approach to compete in base class and went with a CZ and Arken for me it’s a good combo but I have found myself moving into a Vudoo and Athlon combo here hopefully in the near future. Biggest thing is like the rifle and optic combo you pick no matter what class it’s in and you’ll shoot it often and get better and bring all your family and friends out to shoot a match with you.

shoot it often and get better and bring all your family and friends out to shoot a match with you.
If you squad together with friends or family and you plan to share gear, you may wish to ask the MD to interspace other competitors between you and yours, for speed sake. That's one thing I learned straight away.

Back
Top Bottom