• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

West Point Lake Beaches

SlowMotion

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
7   0
Reaction score
We are taking the boat out to West Point Lake tomorrow. The kids will do tubing and stuff but it's nice to get them off the boat for a bit to run around. What are some good beach areas on West Point Lake. Are their any that are easy to access from a boat? The plan is to either launch from Yellow Jacket or from Highland Marina. Yellow Jacket has a beach but it isn't close to the boat ramp (for good reason) but seems like it will be a far walk to get over to it.

Awesome, that is what I was hoping. Are there buoys or anything to tie to or just anchor down and swim in?

I've only been to West Point once before (last fall) and we launched at Pyne Park and just went cruising and tubing.

I have not been to WP in many years but I can tell you the much of the shorelines around Amity Park and the far south west side of the lake (west of the dam chunk rock) area have loonnnggggg tapering shorelines. I used to wade up to neck deep water when I fished there in the 1990's before I got a boat.

Some mornings I was literally engulfed in schools of little hybrids with spotted bass mixed in and it was a hilarious experience feeling dozens of them brushing up against you as you catch one after the other until the schools moved on.

Back
Top Bottom